Dog Pee & sub-floor

Kilz primer is the stuff. Spray it if you don't have too many spots. If there is a large area it's quite a bit cheaper to buy in a can and roll it on.

CR

Reply to
CR

We're having our 14 yr old carpet in the living room replaced next week and I know when they lift the old carpet the sub-floor is going to be stained with old dog pee. Is there something I can spray on the wood floor to neutralize the stains?

Thanks

Reply to
Patch

Reply to
Sacramento Dave

Before you cover it!

Go to the pet store and buy a product that includes active enzymes to eliminate the possibility of pet smells arising during hot humid conditions.

Reply to
tnom

A popular brand of this type of product is called Nature's Miracle.

Reply to
Ray

And don't wait for the installers to lift the carpet, you will need time to treat the spots and let them dry before laying new carpet, the installers won't want to stand around while you treat and coat spots. This should be all done before they arrive.

Reply to
EXT