Dog Licking the chair

Page 1 of 2

My dog has an incessant need to lick the metal legs of our kitchen stools. Love the dog but is there anything that I can coat the legs with that will discourage from licking them? Thanks for your help.
On 4/7/2010 7:38 PM, jb wrote:

Tobasco sauce comes to mind.
jb wrote:

There are anti lick sprays on the market. The dog isn't missing something in his diet?
Dean Hoffman wrote:

Not enough chromium in his diet?
TDD
On Wed, 07 Apr 2010 21:18:53 -0500, Dean Hoffman

We had a dog once that incessantly licked the screen door. It turned out the dog was retarded and had a severe mineral deficiency.
-Zz

I once had for a little while a dog that liked to lick front bumpers on moving cars.
Do you live near Zzyzx Road near Baker, CA.?
http://www.fotochris.com/images/USA-California-1-Zzyzx_Road.jpg

That road is south of Las Vegas. HWY 15 - Pronounce it!
A clue, it starts with a Z.
: That road is south of Las Vegas. HWY 15 - Pronounce it!
: A clue, it starts with a Z.
Ziz icks

Same here. Passing the road before (many times) I came up with the same exact pronunciation.
: >: That road is south of Las Vegas. HWY 15 - Pronounce it!
: >: A clue, it starts with a Z.
: >Ziz icks
: Same here. Passing the road before (many times) I came up with the : same exact pronunciation.
And the next time you go by you'll think of this thread :-)

I was lucky. I didn't have the locals explain as I past the sign.
I should visit "Ziz icks" and forget about buying fuel in Baker, CA. 'Course I always pass the exit in a hurry. I have enough fuel to get me to LA :-)
: I was lucky. I didn't have the locals explain as I past the sign.
I was on my way to Vegas from L.A. back in '04 when I saw the sign. I 'had' to go see what the town looked like. It was mid-afternoon in July, and hot. There wasn't a soul in sight. I looked around a little, shook my head and headed back to I-15.
Zz Yzx wrote:

I remember a gorgeous Irish Setter that went "Duh, bark!" *snicker*
TDD
jb wrote:

Have you talked to your vet? Your dog may be deficient in some kind of mineral.

Do you have any exterior doors?
If so, put the dog on the exterior side and see if that helps. -----
- gpsman
gpsman wrote:

probably the best answer here. I was wondering what the hell the dog was doing IN the house.

He's a good friend and family member. YOU should be banished to the garage.

Lol. I grew up on a farm but I got a dog living in this house (to keep the peace) and he even sleeps in my bed. If he starts any shit his ass will be living outside, and he appears to have taken my hints.
He's "family", but I love him like a dog because he is a dog and treating a dog like a dog is best for the dog, as well as everyone else.
She, however, has no kids so I feel I must capitulate to her need to nurture and accept what violates a basic premise of my upbringing in relative silence because that is what appears to be in my own best self interest.
The line is drawn, and I have been allowed to draw it, in relative silence.
It is -her- dog, I'm just its master. We compromise, otherwise one of us would kill the other and have a hard-ass time finding someone else to tolerate us. -----
- gpsman

+1