Dog Crap on Front Yard

They tell you to "go f*ck yourself" while letting their dog shit on your lawn and you just sit there and take it? I could see if you were a 70 year old lady, but damn...sounds like dog shit is the least of your problems, Ken. Maybe join a health club or see a shrink about getting some self confindence.

Reply to
vairxpert

make up a sign

deposits will be returned with interest

then scoop up a few and drop them at the entrance to either

the main apt door or the apt mgrs door preferably with a note saying .....these belong to one of your tenants

bill

Reply to
mcameron

I think waiting until they just leave, then picking it up (still steaming) and throwing it at the back of the dog owner's head would be nice -- perhaps while thoughtfully saying, "Here, you forgot something"

Best regards, Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

Every time you see Fido hunkering down chunk a firecracker out the front door, preferably a cherry bomb. Doesn't take long for Fido and owner to catch on. RM~

Reply to
Rob Mills

Backed up by video evidence.

Also why not install buried lawn sprinklers that will wet your lawn up to the sidewalk edge. Turn them on when the dog and his master come by.

Reply to
Klm

I'm with Banty here. This is probably the *least* likely to cause problems with your neighbors (who as renters probably don't feel the same responsibility to the neighborhood -- sorry to say). Dealing with them individually or via the landlord is just going to mean a recurrence of the problem in 2-3 years as new dog-owners move in.

That said, there are usually health-related ordinances about "dog nuisances" and you should check your local laws. You may even get the city to do some selective enforcement if you're lucky and the cops aren't busy. But again, this is something that wears off over time.

The "make lemonade" answer would be to start a mail-order business selling pooper-scoopers, and send brochures to all your neighbors.

Reply to
Dan Hartung

Do it right, get a rifle and finish the job, no more pest, no more problem

Reply to
m Ransley

The relevant agency in my city is called "Codes and Compliance". The police, while perhaps serving as ultimate enforcers, are probably not over-concerned with dog poop, so I wouldn't make them the first point of contact. Find out what the regs are, and what reporting and enforcement procedures are appropriate.

If you are able to be present when someone is leading his/her dog around to do this, kill 'em with kindness. Rush out with a a couple of plastic grocery bags, explain the technique of using the bag as first a glove and then a container, and say something about how "I *know* you wouldn't want to inconvenience homeowners here." With only 1 or 2 offenders, you might get some mileage out of rushing out, complimenting the dog, and saying "I have a problem you might be able to help me with. Some people allow their dogs to go to the bathroom(!) on my lawn and perhaps you can suggest a way to keep this from happening." Of course, this must be done as they *approach*, not after the deed is done.

In the face of hostility, Miss Manners might add "Such a nice dog. It'd be a shame if something happened to him."

However, actual violence is counter-productive and can lead to serious consequences for you.

Prevention? A fence, not a shotgun.

Reply to
Frogleg

Interesting. That's an idea worth trying.

And, thanks to all who replied civilly.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Hall

Thought of something to ad, ever see those "sports horns" they're used on small boats too. Make a noise that would wake up the dead. Scares me and I'm the one holding the horn.

Dave

Reply to
David Babcock

Does he kick sand in your face at the beach too? Charles Atlas made a business from people who were afraid to take action.

RB

Ken Hall wrote:

Reply to
RB

These sorts of answers amaze me. Hasn't it occurred to anyone that the apartment dwellers with dogs may see themselves as Charles Atlases as well? Wouldn't said person with dog just as likely also have an ethos that ain't nobody pushes him around neither??!? And, compared to a homeowner, have less at stake to boot?

I take it that some folks here just feel good posting this stuff, some kinda catharsis. But I suspect the OP has too wide a view of the situation, and too much mental capacity to think through to consequences to give this stuff much mind. Thankfully.

Banty

Reply to
Banty

The dog's gotta shit someplace, and he can shit on my lawn as long as the owner cleans it up. The problem is not the dog, it's the irresponsible owner.

Best regards, Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

Hang out in the window with a camera. Owners that stop in your yard to let their dog take a shit will have their photo taken, and then you can call the cops and have them ticketed or arrested. Usually it's a criminal offense to lave dog shit on someone else's property or in public.

Reply to
Jon Endres, PE

Well Banty snipped-for-privacy@newsguy.com Stormin,,,Mormin. Scared again eh, so he should stick his head in the sand and hide? Get real..

Reply to
m Ransley

True (although I wouldn't be happy about it even with the poop scooped).

Which leads me to wonder - in order to allow dogs, is the apartment building landlord required to provide outside space for them? Worth checking into..

Banty

Reply to
Banty

You may not legally resist an unreasonable search or seizure.

The word "privacy" does not appear in the Constitution - "private" only occurs once, and that with regard to non-public property.

Virtually everybody who has shot a cop or tried to shoot a cop is now dead.

Reply to
JerryMouse

We have a solar-powered, battery backup electric fence. An animal (or human) will only touch it once (I did!). A stray dog touched it and it yelped running in the opposite direction. I saw a squirrel do a back flip once. The charger was about $100, and it has been running for over 10 years without attention.

Reply to
Phisherman

Oops. Sorry. I didn't realize I stumbled into alt.redneck-gunowners.debatetheconstitution. Silly me for thinking this was a home repair group. I should probably be more judicious about which door I open down the long hallway next time.

AJS

Reply to
AJScott

You people, (and I say that with reservation) are amazing, truly amazing. All this shit is worth possible incarceration, loosing his house and home, and most if not all of his possessions. I am so glad there are still reasoning people somewhere in this world, and that the OP has enough intelligence and such to ignore stupidity like this.

"Scared again eh," ???

Amazing logic.

Dave

Reply to