Dog Crap on Front Yard

Page 2 of 5
Nice thought, but if anything, anything at all happens to the cat, you're the first suspect. If more than one person heard you say it, then that whole "suspect" thing is official.

You are full of shit. No law is in the US
Civil War is the answer.

On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 20:06:10 GMT, "David Babcock"

Backed up by video evidence.
Also why not install buried lawn sprinklers that will wet your lawn up to the sidewalk edge. Turn them on when the dog and his master come by.
Thought of something to ad, ever see those "sports horns" they're used on small boats too. Make a noise that would wake up the dead. Scares me and I'm the one holding the horn.
Dave

There's also those ultrasonic repellers made for dogs.Some are motion- sensitive.
(Not the 'bug repellers'.)
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net

OR deliver it to the apartment leasing office,with a photo/video of the person and their dog making the deposit on your lawn,and a letter requesting they address the problem.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net

Sucks, but this kind of thing is best approached by applying solutions that are in your control (yeah, people should grow up, or maybe the law should do something about it, but don't hold your breath...)
Depending on where you are, change your front lawn to a gravel lawn (if you're in Arizona you'd know what I mean), or an ivy lawn. Alternatively, consider a nice thick privet hedge all around your front lawn. Or a picket fence. Something to make your front yard inaccessible or useless for the purpose of dog pooping.
Cheers, Banty

Years ago right here in Arizona I had a neighbor with a dog that was fond of chasing my wife and daughter (no fences... this was 40 years ago).
Went next door, told the neighbor, next time dog is in my yard, BANG!
Dog instantly was chained up ;-)
...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

So, he's gonna - what - go to the doors of each and every tenant in that apartment complex, then sit shotgun on his front steps 24/7? In some situations that would work (where my father lives in rural Texas, there are no leash laws, and certain such problems often get solved quickly and anonymously with a 22, and honestly I don't have any problem with that), but I don't think it would be very applicable or helpful for the situation of the original poster.
The OP can try talking to the apartment manager and some of the tenants, and/or go through the police, with my idea as a Plan B in mind - nothing to lose. As long as he's reasonable and wise enough about it not to get worse problems from the apartment tenants than dog shit.
But I can't get past the image in my mind of his being the nonchalant guy with a nice privet hedge around three sides of his yard, bemusedly watching his neighbors curse at every little brown pile.
Banty (guess I'm just hoplessly practical)
[snip]

Just make it a hedge with thorns ;-)
...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I'd go along with that :-)
Banty
Banty wrote:

I'm with Banty here. This is probably the *least* likely to cause problems with your neighbors (who as renters probably don't feel the same responsibility to the neighborhood -- sorry to say). Dealing with them individually or via the landlord is just going to mean a recurrence of the problem in 2-3 years as new dog-owners move in.
That said, there are usually health-related ordinances about "dog nuisances" and you should check your local laws. You may even get the city to do some selective enforcement if you're lucky and the cops aren't busy. But again, this is something that wears off over time.
The "make lemonade" answer would be to start a mail-order business selling pooper-scoopers, and send brochures to all your neighbors.
Ken Hallsays...

US constitution says the right to bear arms against unreasonable search seizure and invasion of privacy.
More cops should be shot.

b wrote:

You may not legally resist an unreasonable search or seizure.
The word "privacy" does not appear in the Constitution - "private" only occurs once, and that with regard to non-public property.
Virtually everybody who has shot a cop or tried to shoot a cop is now dead.

alt.redneck-gunowners.debatetheconstitution. Silly me for thinking this was a home repair group. I should probably be more judicious about which door I open down the long hallway next time.
AJS

Asshole civil war is home repair.
voodoo disease 666

JerryMouse wrote:

Feed not the troll.

Another reason why more cops should be shot.
voodoo disease 666
You're a piece of shite, "b". Wear that message as a T-Shirt down at the local F.O.P. and THEN I'll be impressed. You love to email it, but actually put the courage of your conviction behind it? HA! What courage?