Does this sound like a venting problem - plumbing

I have one drain in my bathroom that drains normally, but every so often it won't drain until a certain depth is in the basin (sink) then drains keeping that level in the basin. After it drains, or when the water flow slackens a bubble will come out of the drain and then the water will all drain from the basin. It's not repeatable, but I wonder if it might also be responsible for my occasionally slow to drain toilet.

Is this what a venting problem does, or am I describing something different?

Reply to
Eigenvector

check trap under sink first for clog.

ds549

Reply to
buffalobill

it could be blockage after the toilet and after the sink but before the

Well I'm using all P-traps, but they're all PVC, so it's possible there is a stubborn clog in there that isn't fully removed and slowing down the draining.

How is the drain secured to the wash basin, A long time ago I tried to remove the trap to replace it with a more modern equivalent, but couldn't get it to budge - is it puttied on, glued on, or just stuck on with years of oils, grease, and similar horrors?

Reply to
Eigenvector

usually plumber's putty, a rusted nut, and rust. ok, and sludge. :)

Eigenvector wrote:

> it could be blockage after the toilet and after the sink but before the

buffalobill

Air bubbles generally mean venting issues, yes.

Reply to
Goedjn