does the irc require pressure treated bottom plates on a slab on grade house?

Page 2 of 2

In a previous post RicodJour wrote...

Yes. Here are a few selected lines from my "Structural Notes":
Sill anchor bolts shall be hot dipped galvanized or stainless steel, 1/2" minimum diameter, with a minimum embedment of 7 inches, unless noted otherwise on Shear Wall Schedule or Foundation Details. Bolts shall be tied in place prior to pouring concrete and shall not be "wet-set" or "stabbed" into wet concrete.
Connectors and fasteners for pressure treated wood shall be hot-dipped galvanized or stainless steel in accordance with IBC Section 2304.9.5.
Hardware for pressure treated wood shall be hot-dipped galvanized or stainless steel in accordance with IBC Section 2304.9.5.
--
Bob Morrison, PE, SE
R L Morrison Engineering Co
"Bob Morrison" < snipped-for-privacy@junk.com> wrote in message

Yes, but sheet-metal termite barriers serve both purposes.

I think, the foam padding, used to seal against slab,bottom plate air leakage counts as a moisture barrer too. However, I have to say you are reasonable to belive the use of 'treated' lumber, isn't cost prohibitative.
Sounds like good advice,
tom @ www.FreelancingProjects.com