Does my UPS work?

No, you'll find that it's two batteries, in series, which is APC's style. The two batteries will be joined by a piece of double-sided sticky tape and connected in series using a little jumper (sometimes with an inline fuse in the larger units.

As others have mentioned, just buy the appropriate replacement cells. I just "re-batteried" two such units and used some clear 1½" packaging tape to bind them together.

Piece of cake!

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Try asking in

as well.

Reply to
Ant

I tihnk you're right. I noticed that the $7 UPS had replacement dates written on it 2002 and 2007, so maybe it was first used in 1997. It's not that it lasted 8 years this time. The battery has probably been bad for years.

However I tested it, and the DVDRt turned off when I unplugged the UPS. It didnt' forget the list of programs to be recorded and that's the most important thing. It takes me a long time to rebuild that list.

Okay.

I have a roll of 2-sided carpet tape, but haven't seen it in years. It's not where it's supposed to be.

One of the three had instructions to push the On button for 10 seconds and it would turn on, so you can squeeze a few minutes out of your equipment if you have to.

They call the APC instructions manuals, but theyr'e only 2 pages long, and some are arranged funny, sort of horizontally, so when you enlarge the PDF file to be big enough to read, I at least found it hard to read, left to right, up and down.

I'd hate that.

To answer my own question, No. The problem was that the batteries inside were dead. Two different model UPSes wouldnt' do a thing, not even light up the Online light (which only means it has AC power), when the batteries inside were dead. Not a design I approve of. I almost thought one was totally broken, and I might have wasted time testing the outlet, etc.

Reply to
micky