Does coating stranded copper wire with solder cause any issues or break any codes?

Page 4 of 9
us:

I takes a true Usenet retard to quote 248 lines of CRAP just so he can write one line of utter retarded baby bullshit.

I'll throw some ideas at you, and some titles, my apologies, I don't have any net citations (I tend to learn from books especially if it's scientific technical), but I'll quote from my textbooks. More if you wish.
Think of rubbing an ebonite rod with dry fur.
"An ebonite rod which has been rubbed with dry fur attracts light bodies, such as small pieces of paper, and it repels another rod which has been treated in the ame way. A glass rod which has been rubbed with silk also attracts light bodies, repels another glass rod which has been similarly rubbed, and attracts an ebonite rod which has been rubbed with fur."
"A negative charge placed at any point on an insulated conductor repels electrons in the material to all parts of the surface, while a positive charge at any point attracts electrons from all parts. That is, a charge placed anywhere on a conductor effectively spreads all over it, because the electrons in the material itself are free to move. Insulators do not contain free electrons, and electrons are not easily seperated from their positive nuclei; so a charge placed on an insulator does nt spread over its surface. Ebonite, glass, mica, paraffin wax, sulphur, and dry silk are among the best insulators. Dry air and dry gases generally are good insulators in ordinary circumstances; moisture in a gas or on the surface of a solid reduces the insulating properties greatly. Electric forces act *through* (itallicised in the text) insulators, which when spoken of in this connection are called *dielectrics* (itallicised in the text)."
Think of the Gold Leaf Electroscope.
Charging by induction.
The Electrophorus.
Faradsy's "ice-pail" experiment.
Distribution of potential and charge over the surface of a conductor.
Capacity. Condensors.
Displacement currents. "Maxwell defined the displacement current as *the quantity of electricity which is caused to pass normally through one square centimetre of the dielectric on account of the electric intensity*. If there is a surface density of charge of Q ESU per sq. cm. on the plate A, a charge Q moves across each square centimetre of the dielectric from A to Z, so *the displacement D in the medium is equal to the surface density Q on the charged plate*. The electric intensity, as the cause of the displacement, is analogous to mechanical stress, and the displacement to mechanical strain. The energy stored in unit volume of a mechanically strained elastic medium is 1/2*(stressxstrain). The electrical energy stored in unit volume of the medium is similarly 1/2x(intensityxdisplacement), or 1/2ED."
(confuses my concept somewhat)
Wimhurst machine.
Van de Graff generator.
Gauss's Theorem.
- Intensity due to an isolated charge conducting sphere (pg 35)
- Intensity close to the surface of a conductor (36)
- Force on the surface of a charged conductor (36) "The charge resides entirely on the surface, and the reason why the charge on any element is held there is that all the other charges from all over the conductor combine to produce an intensity directed outwards which holds it there. Further, as there is no intensity inside the conductor, the intensity due to the charge on the element must just cancel out that due to all the other charges at points inside the surface." goes on to say "... It remains to reconcile the two results..."
Law of inverse squares.
Definition of the absolute EMU of current "that current which, flowing in an arc 1cm. long of a circle of 1cm. radius, produces at the centre of the circel an intensity of 1 oersted." "The practical unit of current, called the ampere, is one-tenth of the absolute unit. " cf pg(110 and 323)
Heating effect of a current.
Mechanical equivalent of heat.
Electric Lamps and heaters. (178)
Electrolysis. Electroplating. (cf witchcraft, lol)
Textbook of electricity and magnetism. G.R. Noakes MA (Oxon) F.Inst.P.
(a man who could express himself without using the word 'fucktard' or 'retard' or any other derogation I can find).
London, Macmillan. 3rd edition. 1956. Maybe the times have changed.
A study of the fuse would likely be good.
Oh and Roy, before you explode like a fool, you are sacked as a tutor. Maybe I'll write you a new standard.
I feel sorry for the Original Poster, the shite posted in here so far may have scard him off for life. "wow, look what I've done now" he thinks as the bar-room is trashed and the ladies run for cover.

I'd be interested too, I posted what I said because of studies I did while working for Philips components; working making magnets with some really illuminating chemicals, the stuff used was hydrophilic and pyrophoric, it combusted when we poured Vmto onto it! They use our little magnets inside computer Hard Dives now. The studies weren't reqired for the job, but they were interesting none the less.
--
Billy H

The spirit is not the letter, 2 corinthians 3,6
On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 13:04:45 -0000, "Billy H"

What an idiot.

Nice cut and paste. Still doesn't show that YOU actually know anything about it. It also has nothing to do with the post topic.

You're an idiot. An electrostatically charged insulative surface can only have the electrons pulled off by contact. Not with a single point on the surface, but only by a wiping action where ALL points on the surface get touched and only when said contact is by a CONDUCTOR.

No shit. But you did not say "a conductor" you said "an insulated conductor". Big difference, idiot.

That depends on how the charge gets "placed" and where as well.

mica is the best insulator. Glass is next. "Dry silk" is an insulator but can be easily "breached" by a voltage that is not that high.

That would depend on which gas, dumbass.

However electrostatic charges behave a bit differently. Make up your mind what you are yacking off about.

It could have been a lead leaf device. Thin gold leaf just makes the effect more visible.

Not in the above device.

The triboelectric effect. Run and look that one up now.

Who is Faradsy?

If it is a conductor, it isn't merely "on the surface" unless it is in proximity to an oppositely charged device.

You're real good at the cut and paste crap, but I'd bet you have no grasp of it.

With you, the charge is always zero, because you have no potential for anything but to cut n paste other folk's material.

Hahahahaha... See... I told you. You be idiot.

You - pile of shit.

The three nerves between the two halves of your brain have fused open, lobotomy boy.

You're a goddamned retard. The discussion has NOTHING to do with electrostatics.

He probably feels sorry for you.

Then STOP!

You be idiot.

Solder is a poorer conductor than copper. Doh!

Is that why you act like you have been lobotomized?
Rare earth magnets. You, however, are not rare at all. Idiots are everywhere. You are one in ten.
I am one in over 6 billion.
Gave us:

Thanks for making me look so good. Maybe one day, if I ever see a reason to, I'll repay the compliment.
Oh, and the lines you cut again.
Textbook of electricity and magnetism. G.R. Noakes MA (Oxon) F.Inst.P.
(a man who could express himself without using the word 'fucktard' or 'retard' or any other derogation I can find).
London, Macmillan. 3rd edition. 1956. Maybe the times have changed.
Oh and Roy, before you explode like a fool, you are sacked as a tutor. Maybe I'll write you a new standard.
Now butt out, this is no longer your conversation.
Or do you not understand any words of the English language, never mind electricity? I'll have to assume you do not if you continue.
I recall a converstation with a friend who works for an international company. He told me you little lot cannot understand the job they do so they need send us English over to do the thing for you. Just to be sure it is done proper. You plainly are a stupid fool. Probably, and prima facie retarded, to use the word properly (and no my brain is not connected to the mains so I do not respond to postings so fast as you saddo - so I win the bet).
Were you sexually abused as a child?
Or did you get your knob stuck in the mains once or twice? Maybe that is why you know so much regards electrics.
As for copying and pasting; I learn from my elders and betters, I use time honoured and established principles, and I know why (I don't go to a reg and say, erm. I'm almost brainless but I can read so I'll do what the reg says. If I use regs it is because I must, not because it is all I can do.).
As for insults, re-read all the posts you mixed up histolluff. You'll see who needs the greater exercises in creative thought.
Call your mother, it's time you stopped sucking daddy's penis and she changed your diper.
-- Billy H
"I'm an evil Scotsman and Jock is my name, If you don't like the rules don't play the fucking game!"
message wrote in message

oh, and those words are Billy Connolly's by the way.

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 18:59:24 -0000, "Billy H"

The part that you don't get is that you lost the game.
wrote in message

I'll admit I lost the game, but the reason I lost it is because I replied to your foul ass of a brain. That was the losing move. No other way about it, maybe this is gonna go on forever. I wonder how many postings usenet will allow?
On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 21:57:40 -0000, "Billy H"

You obviously do not know much about Usenet.
OR ELECTRONICS for that matter. The electrons do NOT "travel on the surface of the wire".
Until you get THAT clue, you will always be the one in the barrel.
wrote in message

--
Oh and Roy, before you explode like a fool, you are sacked.
Maybe I\'ll write you a new standard.
On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 23:05:42 -0000, "Billy H"

You're a cut and paste repost repeat retard. This is the same CRAP you posted yesterday.

Same CRAP you already posted, redundotard.

For a piece of shit... no... you don't look good.

Fuck off, and die.

Fuck you. This is Usenet. There are no private conversations, retard boy.

Said the idiot that guesses about how wires are constructed, guesses about how they conduct, guesses about how terminations are prepped and handled. Yep. You are batting 1000 in the guess it wrong department.

EVERYONE is your better, dipshit.

Sorry but repeating the crap you posted at the beginning of this post is stupid, no ifs ands or butts.

Who would you call "a reg"? The other retard Phil? Wrong. You're an idiot.

Grow the fuck up, and talk about the topic. Oh.. that's right, you don't know anything about the topic.
Gave us:

--
Oh and Roy, before you explode like a fool, you are sacked.
Maybe I\'ll write you a new standard.
On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 18:42:03 -0000, "Billy H"

You're a fucking retard. Once was enough, dipshit.
Gave us:

--
Oh and Roy, before you explode like a fool, you are sacked. Maybe
I\'ll write you a new standard.

You call yourself mature, or professional?
Try addressing the topic title, dumbass.
Your mother should be a jailed felon for the crime of not flushing your retarded ass, the moment you exited her retarded ass.
Thanks for displaying once again how little you know about tinned wires or solderless connectors.
Gave us:

LOL
LOL short memory problems have you?

Comments about my mother's anal retention are for her GP to make. I think you are out of your depth.

Wire? Solder? que?
Who was it who sang 'We Have all the Time in the World?'
On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 22:01:35 -0000, "Billy H"

The comment was about it being a criminal, and you being born from her ass, you fucking retard.

The main character in "The Time Machine"
Gave us:

--
Oh and Roy, before you explode like a fool, you are sacked.
Maybe I\'ll write you a new standard.
On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 23:06:07 -0000, "Billy H"
snip
You're a goddamned retard, cut and paste twit.
Gave us:

--
Oh and Roy, before you explode like a fool, you are sacked.
Maybe I\'ll write you a new standard.
On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 23:35:45 -0000, "Billy H"

Cut and paste retard. Do you know that your behavior is considered stupid in Usenet? It is... and they are right too. You be stupid.
You lost the argument before you even began.