Does cavity in Microwave be rapaired ?

Sir, My microwave oven doesn't work. When technician came he advise that now this oven can't repaired as cavity is gone. Means what ?
On Tuesday, December 16, 2014 9:44:05 AM UTC-5, Raja wrote:

Why didn't you ask him? I'd say it means the metal oven shell that forms the interior of the oven itself has been compromised.

A reasonable response. According to Wikipedia...
"A microwave cavity or radio frequency (RF) cavity is a special type of resonator, consisting of a closed (or largely closed) metal structure that confines electromagnetic fields in the microwave region of the spectrum. The structure is either hollow or filled with dielectric material."
Plus a whole bunch more :) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microwave_cavity
--

dadiOH
Raja wrote:

Means you buy a new microwave. Presumably he was talking about the cavity magnetron:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavity_magnetron
On 12/16/2014 09:09 AM, rbowman wrote:

Exactly.

Cavity = cavity magnetron, which is the gadget that generates the microwaves that energize (cook) your food. You must buy a new oven.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs