does Borax kill trees?

I heard that it's bad for plants but I sprinkled alot around the perimeter of my shed to prevent small snails from climbing up. There are 2 other trees in the yard, the closest about 15 feet away. Thanks for any advice.

I don't follow much of what I've heard.
Fix the snail problems - too much water!!?
-- Oren
Gary E. wrote:

Yes, it is a long lasting herbicide. Not sure how deep down it will leach, but the ground vegetation will probably be effected for a number of years.
The recipe I have seen is 8-10 oz borax in 4 oz of hot water then mix that concentrate in 2.5 gallons of water to treat 1000 sq feet and not apply it more than twice in one area.
Lar

Ok thanks for the replies. I'll try to take up the excess then. I don't care about the grass around the shed but don't want to hurt the trees.
on 8/5/2007 4:01 PM Gary E. said the following:

I just put out saucers of beer. They love the smell and taste, but can't swim very well in it.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY