Does Anyone Make GRAY Illuminated Wall Switches?

I've spent some effort trying to find illuminated-off wall switches in gray. They would look good in a recently-repainted room. Looking on the internet and through the product catalogs of such manufacturers are Leviton and Cooper has come up blank except for the Leviton slide switches marketed as the "Monet" line, which I simply don't find attractive. Non-illuminated is easy, at least by special-order, but not illuminated. I don't care if these are traditional toggle or the decorative style such as Decora.
I guess this is a rather oddball question, but perhaps someone out there happens to have stumbled on an appropriate product. Residential or (even better) spec/commercial grade is fine.
Art
Add pictures here
✖
On Feb 10, 1:06 pm, snipped-for-privacy@unisys.com (Arthur Shapiro) wrote:

Try Pass & Seymour/Legrand (or whatever it is now). I've ben able to order gray outlets and several other things from our distributor. Menards carries the line.
Joe
Add pictures here
✖
Arthur Shapiro wrote:

Looks gray to me, http://www.ebay.com/itm/Do-Best-Clear-LIGHTED-Toggle-Switch-15A-Illuminated-Single-Pole-506116-/350527517634?_trksid=p3284.m263&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D21%26pmod%3D350527553430%26ps%3D54
Add pictures here
✖
On Feb 11, 12:34 am, "Mr. Austerity" <"PrintMo.Money "> wrote:

It's actually clear but the OP could paint the toggle gray & maybe leave the tip unpainted or lightly painted.
OP-
Google a Decora Leviton Grey illuminated switch cheers Bob
Add pictures here
✖
On 2/10/2012 11:06 AM, Arthur Shapiro wrote:

Thanks so far, everyone. Negative on Pass & Seymour. Negative on Decora. And I'm not going to paint a clear switch - there's no way it would stand up to repetitive handling over the years.
I wanted gray in a bank of three switches where two of them control my outside lights, and illuminated would make it easy to see when an outside light has been left on when closing the house down for the night. Looks like I have the choice of gray non-illuminated or a more traditional color. The wall is a light green and I thought gray might look quite attractive, but white (where lighted switches are fairly routine) might have to suffice.
It's sad being on the leading edge of decorating technology. I appreciated the input.
Art
Add pictures here
✖
Art Shapiro wrote:

handling.
Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 10 Feb 2012 19:06:11 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@unisys.com (Arthur Shapiro) wrote:

You can buy (or used to be able to) the neon bulbs with the resistor already hooked to one leg at radio shack. Or you can just buy your own neon bulbs and separate resistor and solder it together. Then you just hook the two legs of the neon/resistor assembly to the same screws on the wall switch that you hook the lights wires too. It will glow when the light is off. You position the neon bulb on the side of the switch so it glows thru the plastic cover plate. Most neon are the orange but you can get them in other colors too although I doubt you'll find gray ones.
Add pictures here
✖

Thanks for a very interesting take on the issue. I have plenty of neon bulbs in the parts drawer, although I'll have to research the appropriate dropping resistor as it's been quite a few years since that value had to be used. If there's enough of a translucence in various switchplates this could work out.
Art
Add pictures here
✖