Does anyone make decent rechargeable batteries? (AA size)

There is a whole range of crappy chargers out there. Many of them "cook" the batteries. Best one so far ( cost vs results ) is;
KODAK K6000 1-hour battery charger.
It's a gray unit, chargers up to 4 batteries at a time, Charges NiMH or alkaline batteries ( switch ) I bought mine at WalMart.
<rj>
Add pictures here
✖

Use a new NIMH battery technology. Just out are the Sanyo Eneloop batteries. These are NIMH batteries without the self discharge problem that all of former NIMH batteries have.
http://www.eneloop.info/ You can purchase them from Circuit City They are not readily available at all retail stores.
Add pictures here
✖
Nate Nagel wrote:

Thanks all for the comments on this thread...
here's what I don't get. The batteries that I have are Energizer 2300mAH jobs. They were sitting in the charger, but the charge light wasn't on therefore the charger thought they were fully charged. I took the other pair out of the charger and put them in a mini mag light and turned it on. It's been on continuously for about 75 minutes now and is a little yellow but still bright. Is it possible that these particular batteries have an unusual voltage vs. state of charge curve so both my digicams think they are fully discharged when they really have 80-90% charge left? or any other ideas?
Does deep cycling help or hurt NiMHs? I know some types of batteries they say to deep cycle them every now and then to make them last longer, and others it's supposedly bad for them, but I dunno about NiMHs in particular.
nate
--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

The NiMH batteries keep a fairly constant voltage (1.25) until they become mostly discharged. Your camera has electronics that will alarm and then shut down once the batteries get to a certain voltage. This is usually around 1.15 volts or so. A NiMH battery that gets this low is mostly discharged.

Deep cycling is not needed and could harm a NiMH battery.
Add pictures here
✖
Here is a valuable discussion of the Sanyo Eneloop batteries mentioned (by snipped-for-privacy@mucks.net). See: http/www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_topic.php?id–500&forum_idQ
That plus the website and the details previously provided should be very helpful. See: http://www.imaging-resource.com/ACCS/BATTS/BATTS.HTM
Add pictures here
✖
marybeth wrote:

As referred to in the above link, Powerex batteries and charger are some of the best for digital cameras.
Check here:
http://www.thomas-distributing.com/maha-powerex-mh-c204w-nimh-battery-charger-buy.php3
Add pictures here
✖

IMHO:
Ad far as I understand, rechargeables aren't good enough, voltage wise, for some camera's. Even mine, a kodak, has some switch that is depressed to tell the cameria it's recharables, and kodak's kind, so it doesn't complain. As far as I understand.
I bite the bullet, and get lithiums. Just what I do...
tom @ www.ringtone-makers.com
Add pictures here
✖

That may be true for some newer cameras but rechargeable can supply more instantaneous power than standard (higher voltage) alkaline's.

Add pictures here
✖
My first digital, a Kodak circa 1999, used to consume 4 batteries very quickly. In newer cameras, they seem to last forever, even rechargeables.

Add pictures here
✖