Does Anyone Know What This Is?

Found this in a old barn.

I think it's a heater, when you turn it on it blows (powerfully) lukewarm air from the three openings.

It could be broken so it's not blowing hot air, but if it is a heater, what is the reservoir for?

Ron

Looks llike a fogger to me.

here are some current units:

and here is one that looks to be your unit:

R> Found this in a old barn.

Reply to
DanG

Reply to
DanG

Yep, that's gotta be what it is. So what exactly do you use one of these for? Fog up your *entire* home with insecticide to kill off bugs?

Btw, would you please bottom post so we can keep the conversation in context.

Reply to
Ron

It might also be intended to generate fog for theatrical productions. I seem to remember Selig as a maker of stage lighting equipment but I am not sure.

Don Young

Reply to
Don Young

to have them house

Wow, that's it!

Guess a pawn shop needs to give me at least $100 for it...lol

Thanks!

Reply to
Ron

Ron, I guess we are finished communicating. I do really resent your arrogance in suggesting that I bottom post. I top post on purpose and with full knowledge. I resent having to scroll through page(s) of >> (powerfully)

Reply to
DanG

Whoo hoo!

I guess she told you!

LOL

Reply to
Nelson Muntz

You are taking what I wrote the wrong way.

Many ppl read these NG's and it's much easier for a "lurker" to follow the conversation if the posts are bottom posted.

Plus the fact if someone Googles a topic they can read the entire conversation w/o interruption.

I always "Google" a question before asking, and sometimes the posts don't make sense because of top-posting.

I really appreciate your help! And this

IS the exact fogger that I have.

Reply to
Ron

Guess not if you read my response.......Are you a 2 yr old?

Reply to
Ron

The guy tried to help you, and told him how he had to do it! Personally I think bottom posts are easier to follow, but the important thing is not telling people what to do if you want their help.

Reply to
Toller

Maybe. It looked like floodlights to me, or footlights or something. Maybe they used the same cases!

Reply to
mm

You're right, he did help me, but wouldn't it be more helpful for everyone if it was archived in the order that it was received/asked in? ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' '

' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' '' ' ' '
Reply to
Ron

agreed. No need to scroll through weeks and weeks of stuff when you are just clicking one reply after another. Top posting makes not just the best sense, but the only sense.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Remember the wars over the egg openers? I would top post but it just takes too much time.LOL

Middle posting is fun too.

'
Reply to
p4o2

sometimes i cant

decide where I want to post

Reply to
longshot

Dan,

Bottom posting is the custom in newsgroups. If you don't follow the custom, people will advise you, as the poster did, in a nice way. Just because other forms of communication do it the other way, does not mean it carries over to here. If you go to the UK, and demand to drive like you do in the US (and most other places), you will meet with resistence.

As they say, when in Rome...

Hope this helps, being new to newsgroups is not always easy.

-Jim

Reply to
jtpr

The difference is that those are all one to one methods of communication. Usenet is one to many.

I don't expect you to change, but if you haven't already seen this brief web page perhaps you could spare a few moments to look at it. It explains, even with some humor, the reasons why most experienced Usenet users prefer to trim postings and then reply in line or bottom posting style.

Tony Sivori

Read new text. Scroll down if you can't remember the last person's post.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Yes trimming AND bottom posting is better, but if you're not going to trim, top-posting makes it far less painful. Actually, for a lot of posts, the best thing would probably be to stare at it for a while, and then decide not to post at all.

Reply to
Goedjn