Does anyone know about Danze faucets?

I am looking at this faucet.

It has all of the features I am looking for in a utility sink faucet. The price point is perfect and the Amazon reviews are good. Problem is, I've never heard of Danze faucets.

This site says "The product line contains a full range or faucets from economy to luxury, so it falls generally in the middle-high range of quality."

Does anyone have any experience with Danze facets?

Yes, I know they are made in China and I'm a little concerned with the warranty. That site says that you have to return the defective part to file a claim. I'm going to call them and find out what that really means. That could be a problem if I to do without a faucet if something goes minor goes wrong or a cartridge needs to be replaced. Other manufacturers just send you the part.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

go to your big box store and look for "bar faucet". You'll save money and be happier. you might have only one choice, but it's still going to less money AND easier to find replacements parts

Reply to
ng_reader

On 3/30/2014 7:26 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote: ...

I've had one in the kitchen sink for almost 10 yr -- no complaints. Price point was good; they're in stock at many if not all Do It Best stores.

A replacement cartridge was mailed gratis within a day of asking...

Reply to
dpb

Thanks, but a bar faucet doesn't fit my needs. The goose neck spout doesn't reach far enough into the utility sink to be useful. Most of the ones I've seen that are around the same price point have spouts that only extends about 5" into the sink. The Danze and others of the same "low rise" style extend between 8? and 9". Much more comfortable to use.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

That's what I would expect for things like a cartridge. Thanks for that information. I'm going to call a local plumbing supply house, give them the features I'm looking for and see if they have anything in stock. If not, I'll order the Danze faucet.

BTW...I had never, ever heard of a Do It Best store, so I Googled their store locator, expecting to tell you that the closet store was hundreds of miles away. Turns out there are DIB stores 6, 9, 13 and 17 miles from me! One of them I've even shopped in, but to me it was a lighting design center with an electrical parts counter. Maybe it wasn't a DIB the last time I was there (it's been a few years) or maybe I just never noticed because that's not the name on the door.

Of the 4 near me, only one is called Do It Best Hardware. The other's all have different names, ranging from Family-Name Electrical Supply to Town-Name Lumber, but I guess they're part of the DIB network.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

On 3/30/2014 11:29 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote: ...

Local one is Mead Lumber, the only yard in town...decent full-service yard. I use the DIB online ordering w/ local pickup for quite a bit of stuff that isn't in stock.

Reply to
dpb

I pointed that out 'cuz of the other poster's noting they're an imported product of a distributorship rather than a "real" manufacturer (altho I've been told the holding company bought a major interest in Gerber altho I've not found real documentary evidence of that I don't think they're distributing Gerber product under the Danze name even if so) implying no parts. My experience was the 800 number was answered and they replied promptly and it was US-based call center, not overseas. Now, that was right after we bought it so whether it's grossly different in the time since or not I can't say.

The only issue turned out to be a non-issue -- the one we have is side handle single control and there wasn't sufficient tension to keep the handle from falling to an open position if pointing up when turned off. I thought it might be defective cartridge so immediately ordered the replacement. Turns out while talking to the fellow in support/service that they'd had enough of the symptom reported he said they just weren't tight enough. So, did tighten it up a little (had been reluctant to torque it more w/o a spare just in case) and all has been well since. Still have the replacement cartridge unopened...

Reply to
dpb

I ordered it from Amazon this morning.

I called a local plumbing supply/bath design outlet and they'd have to order that faucet, with at least 14 day wait and $3 more. He was surprised that the spout length was over 8", which is one of the features I was looking for. Everything else he had was around 6".

I looked at a number of other faucets from various manufacturers and that's the longest spout length I've found.

Thanks for the responses.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I've often told my wife that a 6" spout is plenty. She keeps hoping for

8" or more, but it is just not happening.
Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

If she wants 12, just give it to her twice.

Reply to
DerbyDad03