Does anybody know how to get a single pin F96T12 fixture open?

This fixture no longer works. It is screwed to the rafters in my shed from inside the case.

The cover to the case (where the wiring and ballast reside) looks like it is crimped on, there are no screws. There are two 4 foot cover plates, actually.

I've pried really hard and it doesn't budge, just flexes a little.

Any ideas?

Reply to
TimR

Don't they have 1/4 turn tabs instead of screws?

Reply to
Bob_Villa

No tabs visible.

There are wedges showing at the ends but they appear to hold the lamp retainer sockets.

Reply to
TimR

It sounds like the "U" shape-type that you squeeze to remove from the tabs...usually fairly easy to remove, but harder to replace!

Reply to
Bob_Villa

*Usually the 8' fixtures have one screw on the end or a clip to remove the cover. The older ones would have three nuts or screws. It is possible that it may have the squeeze pan with the tabs. In that case you need to push in the pan to release the tabs. They can be difficult. Since you are getting rid of the fixture, you don't need to be neat about it. Just try ripping that cover off at one end and see how it goes.
Reply to
John Grabowski