Does a double hung window have a circulation advantage over a roll type in a one window bathroom?

Does a double hung window have a circulation advantage in a one window bathroom?
We live in Los Angeles. We have a bathroom with no other ventilation than one window. The existing roll/crank full frame window is due to be changed. It would seem that a double hung window would allow for an upper air stream and a lower air stream.
However, by definition the double hung window would have an air blockage space in the middle of the window. And a roll crank window would open the entire window out and have a maximum aperture. Then again, the double hung would allow for a fan to be put in the upper portion of the window and blow out the moist post shower air.
We are willing to pay for the best quality or best value to cost in replacing the window.
Are there any clear guidelines as to which type is more functional to allow the greatest air flow and fan function applicability to a one window bathroom such as ours ?
Bob

My whole house has casement windows that crank out to the side. Does yours crank out from the bottom? If it's the side crank I've gotta tell you it's hotter than hell in the house. Any breeze that manages to come along, and it deflects off the window and won't come inside. Rob
Those casements would act as air scoops and exhaust if installed with the prevailing wind direction in mind. CRS architects used this approach in Texas schools. TB

Mine cranks, at this time, from the bottom right. It is a wood window and the window has become misshapen over time. There is no privacy concern at all. And no stink. Just no other ventilation. If there is a half window blower that fits in the window and would exhaust the moist air, that would make double hung look good. Any further responses and suggestions are welcomed.Thanks. Bob
Bob Valor wrote:

Simply put, it depends on too many factors for a simple answer.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

In theory this is correct. In practice, most people never open the widows fro topand bottom. Many have triple track screen/storm windows and in the screen down position, the top is blocked by the storm window.
IMO, I'd go with what looks best and works for your situation. The amount of ventilation has not been a problem for my two baths with double hung and only opened from the bottom.

Yes, if it stinks really bad, consider changing your diet. Eggs and beer, beans, sauerkraut should be eaten in moderation. Open window, close door in consideration of the other family members.
Think about privacy/curtain issues. Perhaps you'd want to cover the bottom half for privacy.