Do you think mold can be killed with mold?


I noticed that bleach will clean, but should I be worried that it may come back?
I just used bleach on our wooden cabinets and not sure if my mold problem will come back. Is there some kind of training anyone knows which will help me through the process of cleaning mold and which methods to use. I am not sure if I can afford a company to do this, because I heard they can be very expensive.
Thanks in Advance.
Markus
Add pictures here
✖
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Sep 29, 10:47 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Mold will come back if you dont remedy the conditions that caused the mold, mainly damp conditions.
Add pictures here
✖
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I watched a Modern Marvels show last night that is investigating exactly that. Using mold and fungus to attack other kinds of mold and fungus.
--
Blattus Slafaly ? 3 :) 7/8

Add pictures here
✖
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Sep 29, 11:47 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

The bleach will kill any mold that it comes into contact with, but it is not going to keep it from returning if the conditions are right. You need to kill the mold, remove it, and change the conditions that allowed it to grow in the first place.
I suggest that since you don't know what a mold mitigation company might charge, you should ask them. First check them out locally as there are some real sleazy outfits out there. I would suggest you may want to look for those outfits that work with property that has suffered a fire. They have generally been in business longer and are generally well prepared to handle mold.
If you are going to work on this yourself, you should be aware that if you have a serious mold problem, you also have a problem that can cause you serious medical problems, if you don't handle it right. Also be aware that mold is almost everywhere so having a small amount of mold in your home is not always a problem, in fact it would be a very unusual home that does not.
I had the experience with a friend that has an outfit come in and do some air test, which turned out (according to them) very serious. I asked to see the results and then I asked them to go out the front door and do the same test. .... Well what do you know, it was the same as inside. The property backed up to a river. Of course there is going to me mold in the air inside.
Just be careful as this stuff can be dangerous, and many of the contractors are at least as dangerous.
Add pictures here
✖
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Sep 30, 4:47 am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

are in the air everywhere all the time. However, they are not usually a
problem. But, when they land on
something that is damp or wet then
they settle and grow.
Mould does not grow on anything
that is dry.
The solution, sort out what is making
the thing they are growing on damp.
Usually, things are damp because of
water vapour from the kitchen,
bathroom or the breath we exhale.
Solution, use extractor fans in the
kitchen and bathroom, make sure
they run for at least 20 minutes after
use. Always keep the kitchen and
bathroom doors closed. Do not dry
towels or other things on radiators or
indoors at all.
Open the windows for five minutes in
the morning and evening to let the
water vapour escape.
If you don't want to get cold, buy and
use a de-humidifier, a de-humidifier will dry the place out over about 3 weeks. Perry
Add pictures here
✖
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.