Do you rely on Symantec?

http://fortune.com/2016/06/29/symantec-norton-vulnerability/
On Wednesday, June 29, 2016 at 8:14:14 PM UTC-5, Harry Butz wrote:

Way off topic...no one uses Norton, they buy-up software companies and make bloat-ware of them!
On 06/29/2016 03:16 PM, urinal cake advocate wrote:

you dont have to use the urnals in the mans room, you can self-identify as a woman and use the ladies room.

--- WRONG THREAD ---

I won't use ANY symantec prosuct - overpriced even if free
On Wed, 29 Jun 2016 21:55:22 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

I won't use ANY symantec product either. They completely destroyed a program I really liked, "Partition Magic", after they bought it, they ruined it entirely. All their stuff is bloated overpriced garbage.
Back in the Dos and early Windows days, Norton was top of the line software. Symantec ruined that too, and much other software.
On Wed, 29 Jun 2016 22:53:48 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

When Peter Norton owned and ran the Norton enterprise I often talked directly with him when we had problems - That ended immediately when Symmantec bought the company/product line. They've screwed up virtually everthing they have touched.