Do you have the receipt?

Page 6 of 6
On Tuesday, June 23, 2015 at 8:45:07 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Some places the shipping charges are right there, eg Ebay. Other places, you can certainly estimate the online shipping charges from experience and if you really want to find the exact shipping charges, just put it in your cart and proceed to checkout. And IDK what shipping charges even apply. Typically a pro who orders online is going to order multiple items at a time, which can reduce the shipping cost a lot compared to ordering just one item. Sometimes they also show MSRP too . The idea of finding the price online doesn't sound like a bad idea. Especially since the lady may go look there too.
On 6/23/2015 7:55 AM, trader_4 wrote:

[snip]

Some people... <g>
You have to consider that this bi.., er, customer may also suggest that since Stormy COULD have bought a quantity of "reverse frammits" at a discount, that she should only pay that quantity price. You know, 1 frammit at $16.95 but if Stormy had really been looking out for her, he could have bought a dozen of them and then "her" cost should have been $16.35!
Let's not forget that Stormy likely stopped to fill up with gas on his his way home from her place. Ergo, the service/labor charge (if any) must be appropriately discounted<g>

Quantity pricing is good, except when you have to put the bill on charge card, with interest. Then it loses all the saving.
Combined shipping is also good, I do that when possible.
I agree, that some customers are a real experience when it is time to pay the bill.
On Tue, 23 Jun 2015 09:22:51 -0400, Stormin Mormon

not getting screwed on auto repairs, complained the estimate was too high and then when he came to pick up the car, wanted credit. I told the boss either cash or cheque - no credit card, because I was sure he'd dispute the bill with the bank - and when he decided to pay by cheque I told the boss to lose the keys or whatever it took to keep the guy in the shop for about 10 minutes while I grabbed the cheque and headed out the back way with the truck to the customer's bank branch - where I paid the $2 to have the cheque certified. As I was going out the door the customer came in all out of breath and asked to stop payment on the cheque, and I had a big grin on my face when the teller told him "too late, that guy just certified the cheque"
On 6/23/2015 10:15 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Reminds me a bit of one of the stories from Robert Ringer's book "Winning through intimidation". He had a moment like that, when he took an over night red eye flight, to cash a check before the guy could stop payment.
Nice going, with the certified. - . Christopher A. Young learn more about Jesus . www.lds.org . .
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote: ...

holy crap! if i were that worried about getting paid i'd say cash up front.
songbird

Most customers paid with credit card, and most of the rest by cheque. We had a few corporates that ran a monthly tab - but not if they EVER missed a payment.
On Tue, 23 Jun 2015 22:15:23 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Wouldn't work today. You can bank from your phone now, including stop payments. I haven't been inside a bank in over a year.
On Wed, 24 Jun 2015 08:15:17 -0700, J0HNS0N

was a 5 hour job to install properly in a luxury car. ( I did one in a Jag sedan - totally hidden - not even an exposed wire - back in the late seventies or early eighties - the install was a $200+ job)

Heh heh heh, good one! Cheque this out!
--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*