Do you have the receipt?

Page 5 of 6
On 6/22/2015 10:04 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I wasn't 100% sure about my first diagnosis, so I offered the second trip for zero trip charge, in case I had to come back and work on it again.
I usually also get half hour labor for install that part, but she didn't seem to want to go there.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

All kinda people in the world.
On 6/23/2015 12:29 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

Well, someone has to pay the business expenses. Some companies itemize that out as trip charge or "to show up" fee. Others average it in.
On 6/23/2015 2:30 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

She did call back. Refrig seems fine. She says she'll call on Wednesday and tell me if it's working. If so, will write and mail a check.
BTW, the MSRP is $30.82, I'll tell her that tomorrow when she calls.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Maybe she'll deduct postage and the cost of the envelope and check.

On Tue, 23 Jun 2015 14:30:30 -0400, Stormin Mormon

rate.

On 6/23/2015 11:02 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Reply center posted, in keeping with your pattern.
. Christopher A. Young learn more about Jesus . www.lds.org . .
On Wed, 24 Jun 2015 08:41:23 -0400, Stormin Mormon

On 6/24/2015 10:13 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

No, why do you assk?
On Thu, 25 Jun 2015 08:07:33 -0400, Stormin Mormon

Nobody likes a smart ass.
On Thu, 25 Jun 2015 12:25:32 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

If that were true no-one would have an any friends!
--
Maggie

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Would averaging a few online prices do any good?
On 6/22/2015 11:12 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

Not for me, because online prices don't show the shipping and handling charges. Online prices are closer to wholesale.
On 6/23/2015 7:45 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

A minor point perhaps, but you may wish to point out the expense (and it is real regardless of what she or anyone else thinks) of you having that part, paid for, sitting on a shelf for two or three years to ensure that her refrigerator can be fixed RIGHT NOW instead of "I'll be back in two or three days when the new part arrives."
There's no pleasing some people. Hang them with a new rope and they'd still complain!<g>
I have a friend who manages large parking lots in the city. Supply and demand rule that business. Some folks (talking some companies who lease a goodly portion of a garage (also general consumers)) complain about the manner of payment - Cash or Credit Card. They want checks, monthly billing, etc. Nope. Not their business model - and they are a very large, successful, multi-state operation so don't think they are being short-sighted.
They will make all sorts of demands and when push comes to shove, my friend will simply suggest that they call 555-555-1212. What's that number? the customer asks
Our competitor, maybe they can assist you. But we don't want to park with them, we want to park with YOU!
Suddenly, it somehow becomes crystal clear to them who holds the cards.<g>
On Tuesday, June 23, 2015 at 8:54:52 AM UTC-4, Unquestionably Confused wrote:

That's a very good point. Getting the part right away, especially for a fridge, has a lot of value, at least to reasonable people. I just paid about $15 more for an $85 AC condenser fan motor, buying it on Amazon with two day shipping, so it would get here faster than other alternatives. For ~$45 more, they even claimed that if I ordered it on Sat, they would have it to me on Sunday. I certainly wouldn't be questioning a repair guy on a $25 part that he had in stock. I wonder what that woman does when she takes her car to the stealership for service?
On 6/23/2015 9:06 AM, trader_4 wrote:

Good thought. She'd already thrown out some food, due to defrosting. I'd think that saving her food was worth at least the cost of the part.
I remember the time my furnace broke, in bitter cold winter. Even with stove burners and space heaters, it was rough. I ended up paying more so I could get the furnace repaired, days sooner.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

On 6/23/2015 12:36 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

The wholesale house where I usually buy had one price (and can have the part in three days). The other wholesale house where I seldom buy wanted more money, but had it in stock.
Yes, did repairs my self. - . Christopher A. Young learn more about Jesus . www.lds.org . .

Interesting you should mention that. She was so pleased that I came out the same day she called, all the other companies were booked into next whenever.
So, I'm on the spot, arrive an hour or two after she calls, but that prompt service is not worth the extra couple bucks? Hmm.
If she calls back (still not working), maybe I'll be busy until next week?