Do you have the receipt?

The wholesale house where I usually buy had one price (and can have the part in three days). The other wholesale house where I seldom buy wanted more money, but had it in stock.

Yes, did repairs my self.

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

With tires, the disposal fee is charged whether or not you leave them tires to dispose of. So, it is like a recycling fee charged on a can of soda. But, you cannot turn in a tire and get the recycling fee back - that is why you still see tires abandoned all over the place. If they would let people turn in tires for a buck apiece, there wouldn't be any abandoned tires.

Reply to
taxed and spent

On Tue, 23 Jun 2015 11:53:39 -0400, "Ralph Mowery" wrote in

They let you bring your own drinks in?

Reply to
CRNG

They can also sell the batteries. I saw a place paying up to $10 for them.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Well, someone has to pay the business expenses. Some companies itemize that out as trip charge or "to show up" fee. Others average it in.

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

This was in the Atlanta baseball about 20 or more years ago. The drinks had to be in plastic bottles.

First time we went was with a bus tour. My wife and I had a soft drink in cans that we had finished with and was really looking for a place to place the emptys. We go to the entrance and the security was looking in bags and things , They were nice, but told up we could not take the cans in with us. That was fine as we told him we were just looking for a trash can anyway as they were empty.

The coolers had to be small. The ones we took were only about a foot in each direction. Just large enough for about two people.

The year they built the new statium it was said that you could not bring things in but about a month before we went they had changed th rules.

After the childern got grown we don't do sports, so I don't have any idea about now.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

She did call back. Refrig seems fine. She says she'll call on Wednesday and tell me if it's working. If so, will write and mail a check.

BTW, the MSRP is $30.82, I'll tell her that tomorrow when she calls.

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Watch this thread morph into refrigerator repair in about 24 hours.

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Maybe, but Jane first.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Hope she gives you good check, LOL!

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I do chill my drinks in the fridge before heading out to the ball game so it is related.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Maybe she'll deduct postage and the cost of the envelope and check.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

About the same as the computer markup when I first started - but it had dropped a lot before I went into business on my own 5 years later!!!

Reply to
clare

When I was a young mechanic i was working for a dealership making a reasonable wage, but definitely not high pay, when a dealer closer to home offered me a job at a dollar an hour more - and back in 1972 a dollar was a fair amount. I accepted the job, and gave my notice to my current employer. He offered to double my pay rate if I stayed, I had to tell him if I was worth that to stay, I was worth that before I left, and I had given my new employer my word I'd be there in 2 weeks and I'd be there. - Told him he better pay my replacement what he was worth if he wanted to keep him.

Reply to
clare

It's been a LONG time since there was a 100% markup on auto parts - but also remember the old saying about price and quality.

"If you want first quality oats, be ready to pay first quality price. If you are willing to settle for oats that have already gone through the horse, they do come a bit cheaper".

There are parts, and then there are parts - and there can be a LOT more difference than just the price!!!!

Reply to
clare

Nope. I said "find another sucker" and left. Wasn't worth the trouble.

Reply to
clare

Like the customer at the service station who was making noises about not getting screwed on auto repairs, complained the estimate was too high and then when he came to pick up the car, wanted credit. I told the boss either cash or cheque - no credit card, because I was sure he'd dispute the bill with the bank - and when he decided to pay by cheque I told the boss to lose the keys or whatever it took to keep the guy in the shop for about 10 minutes while I grabbed the cheque and headed out the back way with the truck to the customer's bank branch - where I paid the $2 to have the cheque certified. As I was going out the door the customer came in all out of breath and asked to stop payment on the cheque, and I had a big grin on my face when the teller told him "too late, that guy just certified the cheque"

Reply to
clare

Doctor complained when after doing some repairs to his car I told him that I was sure we had solved the problem, but if it wasn't 100% to his liking he could bring it back and I'd do a final adjustment for him, gratis. He thought for what we charged it should last forever, and be perfect the first time. I told him diagnosis is difficult, and everybody can miss once in a while - but as a mechanic I fixed my mistakes - I didn't bury them.

Teacher complained mechanics charged too much (and this was after my stint at teaching) so I said unlike teachers, I guaranteed my job.

Reply to
clare

That's the usual Firesone (and other chain shops) modus operendi. A local tire shop was advertising for a service manager, claiming very generous earnings for "the right person". After talking about my experience etc, their final question was "could I sell?" They said for someone who "could sell" the job could pay upwards of six figures per year (and this was in the eighties!!!) I said "sell, or upsell?" I could sell what was required, but I couldn't steal from customers.

Less than a year later the shop was closed down, and the management in jail

Reply to
clare

Reminds me a bit of one of the stories from Robert Ringer's book "Winning through intimidation". He had a moment like that, when he took an over night red eye flight, to cash a check before the guy could stop payment.

Nice going, with the certified.

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon