Do you grease plastic lawnmower drive gears?

Scotts front wheel drive lawnmower. Metal drive gear engages the plastic gear molded inside the wheel. Plastic is worn to the point it won't drive and I'm replacing the wheels.
None of my mowers look like they ever had any grease there.
How about the axle? Plastic is slick... no evidence of grease there either.
Grease or no grease? Any particular kind? Don't want to do more harm than good.
mike wrote:

Grease attracts dirt and debris . A good dry lube will work better .
--
Snag

On 9/2/2016 6:22 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

Lube recommendation?
mike wrote:

Silicone spray lube or graphite.
--
Snag

Nylon geares are their own "dry lube"

Don't grease open gears (on a lawnmower)- the grease will hold dirt and sand and grind the gears out in short order.

They win..... You lose..... They got you to buy new wheels, and probably charged a small fortune for them too. It's planned obselence. Rather than make DURABLE metal gears, they use crappy plastic, knowing they will sell you expensive replacment wheels or a new mower in a few years.....
I'd spray some silicone lube on them! Do it often!
On Fri, 02 Sep 2016 23:11:17 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

I'd wash the beggars out once in a while - it's the crap grinding between the steel and plastic that chews off the teeth.