Do you ever put the two-stroke oil per TANK of fuel in a chainsaw?

Google up "Phase separation" Basically ethanol will absorb water and up to a certain point that may even be a good thing because it mixes with the gas and burns OK Once you overload that ability you will have the water rich ethanol mix actually fall out of the solution and separate. That creates a slug of "fuel" in the bottom of the tank that will not burn.

Reply to
gfretwell

Old gas smells different, but the ethanol creates other problems. Never had a problem with one year old gas, sometimes two years. I did have a problem with a snowblower. Big chunk of ice in the fuel bowl.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Hmmm, I have never ran any of my engines dry when storing them for the summ er or the winter and have never had any issues. I do mix Seafoam with my g as and usually try to start them every month or two. Whenever I bring a fre sh gas can home the first thing I do is mix 1 oz of seafoam to every gallon of gas. My thoughts on it is why drain the gas out because then the gasket s will dry out.

Just what I do and have never had any issues.

Jim

Reply to
jimmyDahGeek

It's an anti-oxidant. If you stored gasoline in a light proof, air proof container it should last indefinitely. Air causes oxidation and light and heat will accelerate it. Ethanol in the gasoline adds additional problem as it can absorb moisture and cause separation.

Reply to
Frank