Do you ever put the two-stroke oil per TANK of fuel in a chainsaw?

Page 2 of 2

Hmmm, I have never ran any of my engines dry when storing them for the summ er or the winter and have never had any issues. I do mix Seafoam with my g as and usually try to start them every month or two. Whenever I bring a fre sh gas can home the first thing I do is mix 1 oz of seafoam to every gallon of gas. My thoughts on it is why drain the gas out because then the gasket s will dry out.
Just what I do and have never had any issues.
Jim

Some of the 2 stroke oil has the equivilent of Sta-bal in it and makes the gas last longer before going bad.
The way I see it, gas goes bad in two ways.. It looses whatever it takes to start the engine, or it chemically turns into something that gums up the works. Very scientific wording.
I also think the ethanol absorbes water out of the air and causes the gas to loose power. When I was using it in my 5 kw generator I noticed that if I drained all the gas and put in fresh it would run smooth unloaded , but if the gas had been in it for several months it would hunt to find the speed. I started usint the ehtanol free and putting Sta-bil in it for good measure and that hunting around without a load stopped.

Danny, if you use your chainsaw as ltitle as you say look at Stihls Motomix. Stays good for 2 years I've been using it in all my Stihl equipment and when i bought a blower over the summer they said if I bought a quart with my purchase they would extend the warranty to 2 years instead of 1 YMMV
On Wed, 1 Oct 2014 11:37:23 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"

Google up "Phase separation" Basically ethanol will absorb water and up to a certain point that may even be a good thing because it mixes with the gas and burns OK Once you overload that ability you will have the water rich ethanol mix actually fall out of the solution and separate. That creates a slug of "fuel" in the bottom of the tank that will not burn.