Do you ever ............ ?

One brand of chain saw (Husqy?) has optional heated handle. I think that's a wise option. Sorry to hear you were injured.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I have stage 3 basal cell carcinoma on my nose. I like my nose, and where it is at. I can't imagine life without it. They usually just cut these out in the office, but this time, I am being sent directly to the plastic surgeon. Had a friend who had a tab of his buttocks taken off and spliced on his nose. Every time he farted, he had an urge to sneeze.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Did not drink a cup until I was 23, and went to the oilfields offshore. Working 12 hour shifts for months on end and more than

12 hours a day will make you look for something to keep you up. At that time, speed wasn't in use like it is today. I imagine now they snort their caffeine.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

On Thu, 02 Jan 2014 14:17:19 -0700, SteveB wrote in

Booze. Lots of booze. Or marijuana if you prefer that.

Reply to
CRNG

I can get ahold of my cardiologist real fast, it is just that with my insurance, everything has to come up through the tree, starting with my GP. If it is a heart issue, I will hear back the same day. As for pulling a seizure, they'd just call the ambulance, and take you to ER, and you would lose 16 hours in the ER while they treat Martian aliens, and probably get a big bill with this new insurance.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Why is your bed on the side porch, especially when there is 6" of snow out there?

Reply to
willshak

Hell, yes. And with my heart valve, I have to watch and not get too cold on my arms or body, or I get angina due to the constriction of the blood vessels. I shoveled snow this season for the first time in my life. If I lived where it snowed, I would get a blower or a neighbor to do it.

steve

Reply to
SteveB

Me, too. It's 10AM, and it is 39 outside. Got down to a chilly 30 last night. It was up in the fifties last week. Sure will like it when it warms up a little. I hate this cold.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Prior to getting my knees replaced I tried all other alternatives.

The Synvisc shots helped a bit and I probably could have gotten by if I was not still working. I was a service engineer and the equipment I had to work on required me to kneel or to climb most of the time.

They were very expensive and though I had insurance, for me they were not worth it. If your insurance covers it ...it could help.

In my situation I had one knee with about 60% cartilage loss and the other with about 75% loss.

I also got Cortisone shots and they worked even better, but that was only a temporary solution as there is a limit to how many one can have.

For the most part, I was OK with just taking aspirin or Tylenol ...but obviously I did not want to be on that for the rest of my life.

One other thing I did was to take a vegetable extract supplement called Greek Island. I assumed it to be a scam but I was willing to try anything...and it actually helped a lot and bought me one full year.

Those glucosamine & chondroitin capsules did absolutely nothing.

Reply to
philo

If I went to bed with a loose morals woman, I'd be in trouble with the church. Six inches snow, and no one says any thing.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

My mother had that twice and she is now 87 and doing fine.

She has a bit of a scar on her nose but it's not too noticeable.

Reply to
philo

I parked cars in Vegas for about ten years when the lots were short, and they didn't use the electric carts and elevators of today. Plus running up and down ten flights of stairs on drilling platforms. I turned the corner the other day, and thought one of my dogs had given me a knee shot from the side. It is still sore. One needs to be operated on, but that was 5 years ago. It's the same one. I don't want any more elective surgeries, particularly any complicated ones like knees. But we'll have to see what the future holds. I hope my ticket gets punched before I reach that chapter in my life.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Nothing could be fina than a wicked big angina, in the mawwwninnn....

I'm guessing Judy Garland is a bit older than I, but in this clip she is totally adorable.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

good medical sharing snipped

I used to get up, go to the

My shop still has to be sealed so that I can efficiently heat it without all the heat going out the holes. It's on the list. Right now, if I go out there at night, it's just too cold to do anything comfortably unless you are sitting next to it.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Maybe sit in the shop instead of near to the shop?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I was pretty fortunate, I had both knees replaced at once because I just wanted to get it all taken care of. I had an absolute minimum amount of pain and between the hospital and the rehab unit I was home in 9 days.

If I did not have a lot of stairs in my house, I could have even been home sooner. The healing went well but I lost a lot of flexibility and was forced to retire from my job. Since I was unable to perform my job functions and since I was 63, I got full Social Security disability without the slightest hassle.

My doctor was able to perform minor arthroscopic surgery and get me a bit more flexibility...and it's certainly a tremendous improvement from how I was before. No pain meds of any type and I can be on my feet all day and walk again. Well worth it.

My doctor was just a bit apologetic about the loss of flexibility and me not being able to go back to work. I assured him I was quite fine with it. After 38 years I was just plain sick of working.

Reply to
philo

I never smoked but I used to drink and do recreational drugs about a million years ago.

Coffee is all I have left and I do not consider it a vice.

I have maybe 3 cups a day and my doctor said "no big deal".

I started when I was 18 and had to get up for early classes at MSOE.

Reply to
philo

I thought you were at least smart enough to know "leftys" is one of many disparaging terms for far left Democrats. Having said that, I apologize for giving you more credit than you deserve.

Are you going to finish your sentence, that for the first time in quite a while, appears to have FACTS? Or did the facts make your head feel like it was going to explode?

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Nasty "C" word! What is stage 3? I've had 3 on my face, one of them a recurrence on my cheek about a year after the first was removed. That was about 30 or more years ago. My father-in-law had many of them, thanks to using a sun lamp for years....his went too far! He always talked about feeling "movement" as being the sign that he had another, so when I felt "movement", like a bug on my skin, I got to the doc quickly. None of mine left scars that show now.

My daughter had a nasty injury about a year and a half ago, compound fracture of her nose, with a deep gash across the bridge of her nose. Her plastic surgeon was doing a fellowship in nasal reconstruction; did a great job. He moved to Texas when he finished.

Reply to
Norminn

You should! ...to the rest of us!

Impossible. No head.