Do you ever ............ ?

Page 2 of 5
On Fri, 03 Jan 2014 08:37:43 -0500, Stormin Mormon

I put heated hand grips on the blower. I.ve got a couple fingers that were BADLY mangled over 25 years ago, and they hurt like the dickens when they get cold- - -.
On 1/3/2014 11:26 AM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

One brand of chain saw (Husqy?) has optional heated handle. I think that's a wise option. Sorry to hear you were injured.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Got a couple fingers between an air hammer and a Dodge pitman arm. One finger tip was in 6 pieces, the other was bone meal from the knuckle out. Over 2 years before I had a nail back on that one. It still hurts when I even think about it.
On 1/3/2014 8:06 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

That sounds truly unfortunate. Sorry to hear about that.
My second car, the inspection station said it needed a pitman arm. 1974 Dodge Dart. They got the job started, and then went into 10 day spring break shut down. I got to drive car number one for ten more days while they were on vacation. You didn't work at Elmer's, did you?
Back to the "did you ever" thread, it's 3 AM and I'm wide awake. Thought I had the night sleep thing worked out, but guess not.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Nope - Waterloo Toyota at the time. Service Manager (where I was for 10 years) Big old Dodge Tradesman van
On 1/4/2014 10:55 AM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

I have driven three Tradesman, they all gave me a lot of trouble. I'm driving a Chevrolet, now. Is trouble, but not as much.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Generally I find the Dodge lasts longer - has a few common problems, while the GM is one surprise after another.
On 1/4/2014 1:10 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

That's interesting. Well, near me they salt the roads to excess, that may be part of the trouble.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

They salt up here all winter too.

You definitely need better gloves. I blew snow yesterday wearing some Home Depot work gloves. I was OK when I was shoveling and moving my hands a lot, but the unheated handles of the blower made my fingers d*mn cold.
Today I wore a good pair of ski gloves. My hands were sweating and it's in the single digits here, wind chills around neg 15. Heated blower handles would be nice, but good gloves work pretty well too.
On 1/4/2014 1:21 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Didn't help that one pair I had indoors was thin cotton. The good gloves were about 5F as they were out in the truck. I should have a good pair of gloves, stored indoors.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

You do know that your hands would have warmed the gloves, don't you? And quickly, too. As long as they were dry, putting on the cold gloves would gave been better than wearing the thin cotton ones.
On 1/4/2014 7:16 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Tried that, while I was running the truck to warm it up a little. Didn't seem to do much good. Maybe if I'd been slugging a snow blower around.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 1/4/2014 5:56 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

What's a show blower?
Sorry, couldn't resist.
Steve
On 1/4/2014 1:45 PM, SteveB wrote:

How we clear the lawn of chiggers.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Or wear the thin ones inside the cold ones.
On 1/4/2014 1:13 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Went to Cal's in Cedar City the other day. The supermarket for cowboys and ranchers hereabouts. If you can stick it in or on a cow or chicken, they got one.
They had a clearance rack, and I got a pair of $30 gloves for $6. The ticket was $8.99, and I was happy with that, but they rang up at $6, so I dummied up. Camo. High cuffs. And when you put them on, you can feel the inside heat up. Might use them when we start logging, but they are not waterproof. Gotta go get me a really good pair of waterproof ones. A guy cannot have too many gloves. Or tools. Or guns. Or fishing poles. SWMBO disagrees, but she has her hording categories, too.
Steve
On 1/4/2014 1:49 PM, SteveB wrote:

What are gloves? What are guns? I'm in PRNY, you realize.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Have you tried that Never Wet product? I haven't but I'm really thinking I should.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DZrjXSsfxMQ&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DDZrjXSsfxMQ

On 1/3/2014 6:01 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Me, too. It's 10AM, and it is 39 outside. Got down to a chilly 30 last night. It was up in the fifties last week. Sure will like it when it warms up a little. I hate this cold.
Steve