Do you ever ............ ?

It takes me from three to seven days to penetrate the robot phone tree and get a human to call me back. They threw me out of the coumadin clinic because I had an out of area cell phone area code. I had to go in and explain the phone was a gift, and lots of people had phones that weren't in the area they lived. I asked the meanie secretary who started it all what her area code was, and she finally admitted it was in Colorado, where she had moved from. Case closed, reinstated to coumadin maintenence clinic.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

On Thu 02 Jan 2014 02:17:19p, SteveB told us...

Try to get your appointment moved up. It's really that important.

I take clonazepam for panic/anxiety issues, which most often hit me at night. It works a treat!

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

one in sixteen people are leftys, one in six are college graduates, so the only ignorance I see here is

it is, but righties never figure it out

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

damn, I'm sure glad I can reach my doctor with a simple phone call or email and if worse comes to worse, I can actually go to the doctors office and speak to the receptionist.

you'd be amazed at the quick service you get if you start shaking, fall to the ground and muttering gibberish

They threw me out of the coumadin

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

On 1/2/2014 6:05 PM, philo wrote:

I actually went out on a job today with my roommate. I had converted a D-Link DIR-615 Wireless-N Router, with a 4 port switch into an access point for a customer who owns a restaurant where he and management use iPads and iPhones in the kitchen area. I set him up a separate network from his general wireless network used by customers and it's on his POS network which is separated from the network used by customers. I found the wireless router in a junk pile in an equipment room a few years ago when me and JH were installing a T1 interface for a customer. The thing has a 2010 date code on it so it was fairly new and I took it home and adopted it until I found another newer castaway Linksys Wireless-N router. I got down on my hands and knees under a desk to tie into the back office network which caused me blinding pain but later we dropped by a couple of stores so I could pick up items I needed and walking around the first store hurt a lot with me using the shopping cart as a walker. When we got to the next store I wasn't hurting as bad and didn't have to use the shopping cart there as much for support as when I was at the first store. Getting out and moving around definitely helps me a lot. Today I'm going over to the house belonging to the widow of my late friend GB to find out what's wrong with the central heat. Hopefully it's something simple and won't cost anything to repair. Dang it's cold for this part of the country. 21°F Heat Index 7°F right now at 5:15am. My Yankee cousins laugh at that temperature and my Canadian cousins would be walking around in shorts. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

At one time you could find them on Craigslist pretty cheap. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I like to walk up to the nurse's desk and say, "What's it mean when blood squirts out of your navel?" When they start to panic, I say, "Oh no, it's not happening to me, I was just always wanted to know." ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Last night, I went to bed with 6 inches of heavy, bitter cold snow on the side porch. Not much more over night (looking out the window at vehicle roof). I can't remember what it is, but 21F sounds warm, compared. It's some like nine degrees F, out there.

Does the cold make your aches and pains worse? Does me, but mostly due to shoveling snow.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

When it gets cold enough the snow shovelling problem goes away. At

-27C it's too damn cold to snow!!!!

Reply to
clare

Yes, I'm sure I'd do much the same. Says 9F out there, when I got up. I'm going to wait and see if it warms up a bit, before I go out.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I get that occasionally, like every other month or so. If I can't get back to sleep in a half hour, I go downstairs and have a shot of whiskey. By the time I get back to bed, I'm falling asleep.

Paul

Reply to
Pavel314

I could not survive without coffee. I did not know you had cancer...real sorry to hear that. I have a lot of friends who have gone through surgery and I'll be darned, they are all survivors.

Reply to
philo

My snow shovel worker showed up, so I paid him and went out to help shovel and snow blow. It's been seven minutes,adn my fintgers are still sore from cold.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Huh

I am 64 years old, have had both knees replaced and I still shovel my own snow by hand. It's -2F now and I was out there twice yesterday.

Time for you to get some better gloves.

BTW: If you think I'm industrious, I'm not. In the summer I don't cut the grass and in the fall I don't rake the leaves...I let my yard have that natural look.

Reply to
philo

Tried it when I was a teen, and didn't like the taste. So, later when I joined the Mormons, didn't have to give it up. Nice that we still have a few freedoms left, and can choose to drink coffee. And, I defend that right, when needed. The right to keep and drink coffee shall not be infringed. You do have your coffee permit, with background check and three set of finger prints (from law enforcement agency) which is renewed every five years for small fee? You do buy coffee in approved stores, which require ID and check before sale? Your coffee pot is limited to seven cups or fewer? No high capacity coffee pots, except for government. And did I mention the fifteen day waiting "cooling off" period to buy hot coffee?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Interesting that you mentioned a "cooling off" period.

Everyone knows about the woman who sued McDonald's because she spilled hot coffee on her. Now all coffee cups are labeled "hot".

Here is how I am going to become a millionaire:

I am going to put my coffee outside until it freezes, then stick my tongue on it and sue them because it was labeled "hot".

Reply to
philo

I'm 68 and used the electric start on the snow blower. My fingers were cold by the time I was done too.

Next week I see the Ortho doctor about my knees.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

From the time I first had minor knee problems until the time I needed to get them replaced was more than 20 years. I hope it's only now that your problems are beginning.

The 10-15 years that I jogged is probably what did me in.

Reply to
philo

I put heated hand grips on the blower. I.ve got a couple fingers that were BADLY mangled over 25 years ago, and they hurt like the dickens when they get cold- - -.

Reply to
clare

I've done very little jogging and that was 40 years ago. I've had arthritis for at least five years and getting wore, but I think a long way off to replacement. My doc suggested seeing the Ortho guy for possible gel shots.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski