Do you do?

Or tell all subsequent callers my tech will be there in half an hour. If he doesn't show up, call the boss on his cell phone. And then give out the actual number of the locksmith business. Of course, no one shows up.

Your answer might work better.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I hear yah. I've also done factory work, which is often just as bad. I've got a couple referral companies. Great work, but a whole different set of people problems.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I'll send you a bill.

Reply to
Doug Miller

You couldn't compose a proper bill if you had four years of accounting college. (mighta been a bit oversnotty, please credit me for the excess.)

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"George" wrote >> Ever actually read your sig and consider what it means?

Top posting fixed.

Sure, he had answers like that but wouldn't have responded that way during normal interaction with others.

Reply to
George

I would suggest the Webmaster that set up the page. The sysadim at the server farm, may be in different parts of the world.

Reply to
Oren

They still call themselves webmasters? I thought that was passe, being such a 1990s buzzword. A well-run web site has a contact point listed at the bottom, but for some you have to do a lot of online digging based on the domain name.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

I guess they do. Google Webmaster Central

Our headquarters are located in the heart of Silicon Valley.

Google Inc.

1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043 Phone: +1 650-253-0000 Fax: +1 650-253-0001

Just sayin' as we haven't seen the offending web page.

Reply to
Oren

I got a call one early morning, as I manned the phones.

"This is Morton Dean of CBS News, New York!" "What can you tell me about the Haitians?" (circa 1980)

Me: "Well Morton, I can't tell you *damn* thing!" "Here is the number for the immigration detention facility."

Gave him the number and he never called me back.

Reply to
Oren

I dunno. Maybe he had a few more zippy answers that didn't get written down?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Yes, it's possible to go back and forth a couple times with the "call me" routine. That's another moment when a snippy answer might goad them into action.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

David Nebenzahl wrote in news:49fb3af2$0$2696$ snipped-for-privacy@news.adtechcomputers.com:

There's woods near his place?

Reply to
Red Green

"Rudy" wrote in news:B0IKl.9887$bi7.6306 @newsfe07.iad:

Bear children should be leery of this.

Reply to
Red Green

He lives down the way from me, and mows my lawn. Musta been his part time job when the kids were in school, and crack wasn't selling all that well.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Sure, plenty of woods near the Vatican. And yes, bears shit in the Vatican.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Only if the priest asks them to bear all. Is a furry cub bear naked?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon