Do you agree that this is an alternative for a septic system?

http://www.envirolet.com /
Do you think that local authorities accept such toilets instead of a full blown septic tank?
On 15 Feb 2007 14:23:33 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@myway.com wrote:

Probably not in Manhattan, no. Possibly in other places. Banks might be a bigger problem.
snipped-for-privacy@myway.com wrote in

Anything that says amazing, miracle, As Seen on TV, or endorsed by some has-been star I steer away from.
Anything available from the BBB, Consumer Reports, etc.?
And at those prices, I'd need a brick & mortar place to bring it to and dump on their counter for a refund if it didn't work.
Home,
Why do you care what we think? Call the local authorities and ask.
Dave M.

Septics allso handle sewer water shower drains etc from entire home, WAY more than just toilet.
On Feb 15, 4:23 pm, snipped-for-privacy@myway.com wrote:

If you limit it's use to once a week and don't bathe, wash clothes, wash dishes, etc. it MIGHT work for you.
Composting toilets have been around for years. I seriously doubt they would be accepted anywhere a conventional toilet would normally be required.

Related to some of the posts...
Will a composting toilet handle all water? No, it can only handle black water (ie toilet waste water). You still need to deal with grey water.
Envirolet has been sold and used worldwide since 1977. Read some testimonials here: http://enviroletbuzz.com/archives/testimonials /
Warranty info here: http://www.envirolet.com/enviroletcare.html
Usually not an issue with local authorities. Here are certifications: http://www.envirolet.com/stanreq.html
Scott

Thanks for those postings, Scott. Some of these outhouses are cute. :)
In other words, as that toilet does not handle grey water, I need a septic tank after all? What if I dispose of my grey water in the toilet? Let say, after I did the dishes, I pour the grey water in the toilet.
What is the cheapest way to get a septic tank or if there is an alternative, this alternative.
I am new at this, so have mercy with any silly questions.
On Feb 16, 1:30 am, snipped-for-privacy@myway.com wrote:

Google "aerobic sewage treatment".
On 15 Feb 2007 22:30:04 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@myway.com wrote:

You will fil the toilet. and it won't work properly.

Nobody here can give you any help, until you let us know where you are, and what rules you're subject to.

On Feb 16, 1:30 am, snipped-for-privacy@myway.com wrote:

Yes, a composting toilet system will not handle the grey water. So you need either a septic, holding tank or grey water system for that.
your property will need perc tested, septic must be far from well, lots of rules and regulations figure on spending 10 grand and up, although it depends on where you live.
any chance your area will be getting sewer service in the future?
snipped-for-privacy@myway.com says...

Only if the toilet is the only fixture in the building, e.g. a cabin without indoor plumbing. Otherwise, you still need something to treat other potentially-hazardous sewage from sinks, showers, laundry, etc.
<http://www.phred.org/~josh/

I can hear them laughing from here.
snipped-for-privacy@myway.com wrote:

Andy writes:
Here is a cheaper alternative.
1) Get a 5 gallon plastic paint can and stretch a Walmart plastic bag around the top. They fit really well 2) Lay a toilet seat on top of the rim 3) Crap 4) Twist the Walmart bag around and tie a knot in it. Store it outside in a hefty bag inside an animal proof can.
5) After a week or so, twist the Hefty bag and throw it in a dumpster, or garbage can, just before the garbage pickup if possible...
Now you have solved your poop problem without having to pay for a septic system or use any running water.
Hint: Do not pee in the Walmart bag. Us a plastic jug which you can put around your shrubbery. If you ignore this hint, you will be sorry.
This is a bit more trouble than taking a dump and pushing a lever, but it works anywhere -- in truck campers, the woods, cabins, and when you are waiting for a plumber to come to your house......
If you are a city feller who has never crapped in the woods, this will seem "strange" and "dirty".... It is , the first couple times till you learn to lean back against a tree and not step in it.......
Andy