Do you agree that this is an alternative for a septic system?

Do you think that local authorities accept such toilets instead of a full blown septic tank?

Reply to
seekingnewhome

Probably not in Manhattan, no. Possibly in other places. Banks might be a bigger problem.

Reply to
Goedjn

snipped-for-privacy@myway.com wrote in news:1171578213.161955.57440 @k78g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Anything that says amazing, miracle, As Seen on TV, or endorsed by some has-been star I steer away from.

Anything available from the BBB, Consumer Reports, etc.?

And at those prices, I'd need a brick & mortar place to bring it to and dump on their counter for a refund if it didn't work.

Reply to
Al Bundy

Home,

Why do you care what we think? Call the local authorities and ask.

Dave M.

Reply to
David Martel

Septics allso handle sewer water shower drains etc from entire home, WAY more than just toilet.

Reply to
hallerb

If you limit it's use to once a week and don't bathe, wash clothes, wash dishes, etc. it MIGHT work for you.

Reply to
Bob

Reply to
Toller

Related to some of the posts...

Will a composting toilet handle all water? No, it can only handle black water (ie toilet waste water). You still need to deal with grey water.

Envirolet has been sold and used worldwide since 1977. Read some testimonials here:

Warranty info here:
Usually not an issue with local authorities. Here are certifications:
Scott

Reply to
Scott

Only if the toilet is the only fixture in the building, e.g. a cabin without indoor plumbing. Otherwise, you still need something to treat other potentially-hazardous sewage from sinks, showers, laundry, etc.

Reply to
<josh

I can hear them laughing from here.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

certifications:

Thanks for those postings, Scott. Some of these outhouses are cute. :)

In other words, as that toilet does not handle grey water, I need a septic tank after all? What if I dispose of my grey water in the toilet? Let say, after I did the dishes, I pour the grey water in the toilet.

What is the cheapest way to get a septic tank or if there is an alternative, this alternative.

I am new at this, so have mercy with any silly questions.

Reply to
seekingnewhome

certifications:

Google "aerobic sewage treatment".

Reply to
cavedweller

Andy writes:

Here is a cheaper alternative.

1) Get a 5 gallon plastic paint can and stretch a Walmart plastic bag around the top. They fit really well 2) Lay a toilet seat on top of the rim 3) Crap 4) Twist the Walmart bag around and tie a knot in it. Store it outside in a hefty bag inside an animal proof can.

5) After a week or so, twist the Hefty bag and throw it in a dumpster, or garbage can, just before the garbage pickup if possible...

Now you have solved your poop problem without having to pay for a septic system or use any running water.

Hint: Do not pee in the Walmart bag. Us a plastic jug which you can put around your shrubbery. If you ignore this hint, you will be sorry.

This is a bit more trouble than taking a dump and pushing a lever, but it works anywhere -- in truck campers, the woods, cabins, and when you are waiting for a plumber to come to your house......

If you are a city feller who has never crapped in the woods, this will seem "strange" and "dirty".... It is , the first couple times till you learn to lean back against a tree and not step in it.......

Andy

Reply to
Andy

You will fil the toilet. and it won&#39;t work properly.

Nobody here can give you any help, until you let us know where you are, and what rules you&#39;re subject to.

Reply to
Goedjn

certifications:

Yes, a composting toilet system will not handle the grey water. So you need either a septic, holding tank or grey water system for that.

Reply to
Scott

your property will need perc tested, septic must be far from well, lots of rules and regulations figure on spending 10 grand and up, although it depends on where you live.

any chance your area will be getting sewer service in the future?

Reply to
hallerb