Do they still sell propane refrigerators

Trying to setup a camping cabin with no electricity. Lights will be solar power or coleman lanterns. The stove will be propane and wood. Water pump will run on a generator. But the refrig is a problem. I know they used to have propane refrigerators, do they still sell them and where?
Thanks
On 5/3/2013 5:35 PM, snipped-for-privacy@internet.com wrote:

Um, Internet search engine turned up:
http://www.propanerefrigerators.com/
o_O
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Well what do you know. I thought only RV types were left in the US market. Nifty.

[snip]
OP was very clever to make you spam his webpage for him.
Jon
On Friday, May 3, 2013 5:35:12 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@internet.com wrote:

Your Google must be broken! http://www.propanerefrigerators.com/
snipped-for-privacy@internet.com wrote:

I don't think there are any full size LP refrigerators available in the US anymore, but RV refrigerators which can be had in fairly large sizes are commonly available as 3 way AC/DC/LP but they aren't cheap. You could plumb a couple 100# LP tanks to supply the fridge, lanterns, stove and generator so you deal with a single fuel type.

Up to 19 cu. ft. at www.lehmans.com https://www.lehmans.com/p-3509-diamond-elite-19-cu-ft-gas-refrigerators.aspx

Check again - Dometic and Diuamond and Unique all make "full sized" propane refrigerators. All available in the USA - Lehmans in Kidron carry the full line and sell them all over.
On Fri, 03 May 2013 17:35:12 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@internet.com wrote:

Yes they do. In Canada Home Hardware carries the Unique Model #UGP-13 W CM. Damby makes them too. The DPR2262W is discontinued, but you might find one in stock somewhere.
Or just contact Lehman's Hardware in Kidron Ohio. They carry a full linup.
On Friday, May 3, 2013 6:35:12 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@internet.com wrote:

There are also propane coolers now. I do not know if this is of use, but they are small enough not to be a huge drain on alt energy if run on 12 volt. http://www.propanecooler.com

Lehman's in Kidron (Dalton), OH has such stuff. See: http://alturl.com/tjtbr for a propane combination refrigerator-freezer too. Lehman's has just about any "off grid" and non-electric appliance since they started out serving the Amish community in Ohio about 60 years ago. I always schedule an hour or so to look through their store whenever I'm in the area. I like to take the grandkids and play "guess what that is?"
Tomsic
On Friday, May 3, 2013 6:35:12 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@internet.com wrote:

There are also propane freezers too. Look for "Blizzard". http://www.propanerefrigerator.us
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Yea -
Because propane is safe enough to be used as the heat source in domestic (and even mobile!) absorption refrigerators, but not safe enough to be used as the working fluid (R290) in a regular (vapor compression) domestic A/C system.
Makes sense to me...