Do they sell replacement netting for fishing nets?

I have a good solid handle with the ring made from aluminum. But the net itself is dry rotted. I dont fish, so I dont know what is sold. The net is used for catching pet rabbits, who refuse to be caught by hand. But it wont catch anything anymore until it gets new netting. Anyone know if they sell such a thing? Otherwise I guess we have to buy the whole net. I'm also wondering about a basketball hoop net, and tie the bottom shut, but the right thing is probably better. Not sure what else could be used.
Add pictures here
✖
On Apr 20, 9:27 pm, snipped-for-privacy@toyotamail.com wrote:

What about the netting for a soccer goal?
Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 20:28:22 -0700, hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

Probably the holes are too big for what the OP needs; I went through that process backwards a year or two ago (I wanted to make some goals in the back yard for the kids and thought I might be able to get some fishing net) - the fishing net stuff typically had holes that were quite a bit smaller than soccer goal netting.
cheers
Jules
Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 21:27:49 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@toyotamail.com wrote:

I used to buy from these guys in the 60s- http://www.jannsnetcraft.com/replacement-nets/?gclid=CMLBz77gxa8CFcJM4AodYDkqaA
I've still got he shuttle I bought from them to tie my own nets.
I don't think I sprung for the whole kit- http://www.jannsnetcraft.com/net-making / [$25 today] If I was you, I'd consider tying one with some heavier twine. Ever wished your net was stiffer/limper/longer/shorter. . . . ? That's how you do that.
Jim
Add pictures here
✖

Larger fishing tackle stores sell replacement nets, and so do mail order houses e.g. Cabela's. Look for "landing net."
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs
On 4/20/2012 10:27 PM, snipped-for-privacy@toyotamail.com wrote:

laundry bags. Since it isn't used for fish, a light-weight cotton should work fine.
Add pictures here
✖

Thanks for all the replies. This gives me options to check out.
Add pictures here
✖
On Friday, April 20, 2012 10:27:49 PM UTC-4, (unknown) wrote:

Probably, but when you find out how difficult it is to find a replacement net, and how much it will cost compared to a new net, you will decide to throw the old net away and purchase a new one.
Before you start wailing and moaning about our "throw away society" again, think about it... 99.99% of these nets will never be used enough to wear them out. They are bought on impulse by people who think it would be "cool" to take up fishing. They end up hung in the garage and forgotten about. Demand for replacement parts is almost nil. It would cost the company MORE to have a parts distribution network than they'd get back in parts sales.
That said, why don't you write the manufacturer a nice note and see if they'll send you a replacement net under warranty?
Add pictures here
✖
On Apr 23, 11:53 am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Just don"t tell them that you're catching rabbits with it! That purpose might not be covered. ;-)
Add pictures here
✖