Do they sell replacement netting for fishing nets?

I have a good solid handle with the ring made from aluminum. But the net itself is dry rotted. I dont fish, so I dont know what is sold. The net is used for catching pet rabbits, who refuse to be caught by hand. But it wont catch anything anymore until it gets new netting. Anyone know if they sell such a thing? Otherwise I guess we have to buy the whole net. I'm also wondering about a basketball hoop net, and tie the bottom shut, but the right thing is probably better. Not sure what else could be used.

Reply to
tangerine3

What about the netting for a soccer goal?

Reply to
hrhofmann

I used to buy from these guys in the 60s-

I've still got he shuttle I bought from them to tie my own nets.

I don't think I sprung for the whole kit-

$25 today] If I was you, I'd consider tying one with some heavier twine. Ever wished your net was stiffer/limper/longer/shorter. . . . ? That's how you do that.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Larger fishing tackle stores sell replacement nets, and so do mail order houses e.g. Cabela's. Look for "landing net."

Reply to
Don Phillipson

Larger fabric stores would have mesh fabric, like the stuff used for laundry bags. Since it isn't used for fish, a light-weight cotton should work fine.

Reply to
Norminn

Probably the holes are too big for what the OP needs; I went through that process backwards a year or two ago (I wanted to make some goals in the back yard for the kids and thought I might be able to get some fishing net) - the fishing net stuff typically had holes that were quite a bit smaller than soccer goal netting.

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Thanks for all the replies. This gives me options to check out.

Reply to
tangerine3

Probably, but when you find out how difficult it is to find a replacement n= et, and how much it will cost compared to a new net, you will decide to thr= ow the old net away and purchase a new one.

Before you start wailing and moaning about our "throw away society" again, = think about it... 99.99% of these nets will never be used enough to wear th= em out. They are bought on impulse by people who think it would be "cool" t= o take up fishing. They end up hung in the garage and forgotten about. Dema= nd for replacement parts is almost nil. It would cost the company MORE to h= ave a parts distribution network than they'd get back in parts sales.

That said, why don't you write the manufacturer a nice note and see if they= 'll send you a replacement net under warranty?

Reply to
dennisgauge

net, and how much it will cost compared to a new net, you will decide to t= hrow the old net away and purchase a new one.

, think about it... 99.99% of these nets will never be used enough to wear = them out. They are bought on impulse by people who think it would be "cool"= to take up fishing. They end up hung in the garage and forgotten about. De= mand for replacement parts is almost nil. It would cost the company MORE to= have a parts distribution network than they'd get back in parts sales.

ey'll send you a replacement net under warranty?

Just don"t tell them that you're catching rabbits with it! That purpose might not be covered. ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03