Do they make shallow base cabinets?

I have a u-shape kitchen. It has VERY little counter top space because the center leg of the U is broken up by a door into the backyard. The fourth wall is entirely blank, and I'd like to add some counter-top space along it. I can't put a standard 24" deep base cabinet along the wall because it would stick out further than the lip of the door jam of the entry into the dining room (any of that make sense?). Are there shallower base cabinets one can order? How shallow do they go? Could a cabinet builder make a custom cabinet of, say, 16" deep. This fourth wall is about 6 feet wide. It is a load bearing wall, but I could consider moving it back into the front living room behind it if I had to go with a more expensive option.
You should be able to order the depth you need. If not it would be easy to cut the back off a regular depth cabinet.
On Fri 08 Jul 2005 10:20:21p, Pat wrote in alt.home.repair:

Some stock cabinets come in 12" depth as well as 16" or 18", I'm not sure which.
--
Wayne Boatwright **
Sure most cabinet makers will make any size you want for a price or you may look in to a stock bathroom vanity cabinet

As standard 30" tall wall cabinet can be set on a 4 1/2" tall base and it should be the same height as a standard base cabinet.
This will give you a 12" deep base cabinet.

Just use regular upper 30" high cabinets which are usually 12" deep. Of course, you have to add a recessed toe kick, if you don't want it to be uncomfortable when standing in front of it. By time you add the toe kick and the top, it will be about the standard lower cabinet height. I didi this for a small "junk desk" at the end of a full height and depth oven stack and it works well ...... lots of junk (papers, pens, letter opener, etc.) alway on that surface.
Joe wrote:

A custom cabinet maker can make you any size you want.
Stock options include those mentioned by others of using a 30" stock wall and adding a toekick/base. I have actually done this on three different projects and pleased each time.
One other option in a stock cabinet is to try and locate some made for mobile homes. They are made in a 20 or 21" depth.
Colbyt

browsing throught the American Woodmark catalog I see that most of the base cabinets can be ordered as reduced depth. Unfortunately I don't see any details jumping out at me as to what depths are available. I would assume 18" and possibly 12". Why not get on the phone to some cabinet suppliers and see what they offer?
ml
Joe wrote:

There are little triangle shaped shelf units, and using one on the end of a row of standard cabinets might make the taper fit your situation.
Look for local cabinetmaker shop in yellow pages.

ups.com...

counter top space because

into the backyard. The

add some counter-top

base cabinet along the

lip of the door jam of

sense?). Are there

shallow do they go?

say, 16" deep. This

bearing wall, but I

living room behind it if I

Buy upper cabinets and have a countertop made.
On Sun, 26 Jun 2016 04:44:01 +0000, Charles Lyons wrote:

Is there any chance that Joe is still waiting after *eleven years* for your cabinet source?
Why don't you homeownershub people read DATES?
replying to Sam Hill, FatBat wrote: Some other people still search these posts years later for the same information, so a *relevant post* never hurts, no matter how late it is. What's worse is some jerk like you who bothers to post something years later just to be an ass...so I'll oblige and do the same.