Do they make a thin coax cable?

I have to run a coax cable near the baseboard and carpet and was wondering if the make a cable that is less thick that the standard coax. Thanks.
standard coax is rg-6, you can get rg-59, which is slightly thinner, but doesn't carry the same signal quality

http://www.smarthome.com/8506Y.html
Yes
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Coax is a pretty generic term. Coax comes in many sizes, a variety of impedances and loss specifications, and suitabilities for assorted combinations of capabilities like in-wall, outdoor, plenum, etc.
You might want to check, but in many installations the baseboard is 3/8 to 1/2" off the floor and you can tuck the coax in that gap below the baseboard and behind the carpet. Its quick and easy and the coax will never see the light of day. And standard coax fits fine.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Exactly. with wall to wall carpeting the 'tacking strip' parallels the wall making a nice trough for the coax to lie in.
lee
its important to match the coax to the application. like RG59 is NOT recoommended for satellite installations.
Your better off carefully removing the baseboard and running the coax behind it

But works fine unless the dish is too far away.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
Howard wrote:

Thanks. Its a 20' run to my bedroom tv. The problem is it has to go by a sliding glass door, that doesn't leave much space between the aluminum door plate and carpet.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Or could I run a 20' RCA type cable? Would that pick up a lot of noise?
It would not be the right impedance nor have the correct shielding or actuation