Do they make a rubbery paint for chipped refrigerator wire racks?

hi, i have a refrigerator with rusted chrome plated racks. does anyone know if there is paint for that?

Reply to
beverly

No paint will adhere to chrome.

Nice thing about the internet, you can find replacement parts for almost everything. Get some nice new replacement racks.

Reply to
Dan Espen

I"m hearing that aluminum foil is great for removing rust. Use the shiny side one guy said. If they look good after you finish, spray with some clear coating. Let dry extra well before you put in t he cold refrigerator

And of course rust won't hurt anything. You're concerned about aesthetics, right?

Reply to
Micky

I dont agree. I had a car some years ago, and someome before I bought the car, spray painted the chrome bumpers black. (Dont ask me why, cuz I dont know). I tried to scrape it off, and that did not work. I considered using paint remover but feared I'd damage the car's finish.

I decided to paint the bumpers with some chrome like spray paint which is a highly shiny silver. That worked fine. I dont know how long it lasted because I sold the car a few months later.

Reply to
RealPerson

Seemed to me like chrome would offer nothing for the paint to grab on to. I'd still go with finding replacement shelves and replacing.

Reply to
Dan Espen

Former owner was probably a Black Bumper Mennonite. If the car had whitewalls the tires would have been turned around. They were allowed to use the automobile, but it had to be plain, this the chrome covered.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski