Do they make 6 inch concrete blocks?

Page 4 of 4
On Tue, 15 Feb 2011 10:39:05 -0800 (PST), Evan

WOW, a 24" fall. Damnit, I could be killed <lol> I better spend $47,569.99 to rebuild it so it cant fall off the 3 stacked blocks which cant move anyhow, and the bottom block is halfway in the ground, with cement pad under that. Oddly enough, my whole traielr house sets on stacked concrete blocks, which is how they are installed by the pros.
At least I'm not like my neighbor who had a bad floor in his trailer and both he and his wife are very large. While having sex, their bed went thru the floor..... Two legs on the headboard end went right down thru the floor. Then the bed boards came detached from the headboard. Now that's something to FEAR !!!!! When he called me to come and help him fix the floor, and said his bed went thru the floor, I cracked up laughing..... He didnt think it was so funny !!!
Add pictures here
✖
On Feb 17, 8:24 pm, snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com wrote:

Wow, a 24" fall... Right, so the people who might be standing near the deck within the area it could fall down won't be in any way injured or hurt by the thousand some odd pounds of lumber pinning them to the ground or taking their feet off if it fell...
Oddly enough, your trailer house is considered a VEHICLE... So jacking it up on blocks is ok, as it is designed for that purpose, the blocks are there to provide a base for the levelers, your trailer is anchored down to the ground by other means rather than being bolted to structure supported by footings like other types of buildings are...
Your wooden "raft" laid on blocks at your door however is not, and if you want to call it a "deck" it needs to be bolted down to properly constructed structure so that if an accident happened a thousand or so pounds of lumber won't be able to move freely on its own...
You know, like too many people sitting on the edge of the deck, as you said its only 24" up its likely it doesn't have a railing... Or someone hitting it with a car, lawn mower/tractor, go cart, dirt bike or something... There is a reason why decks are supposed to be bolted down to proper footings... That is so that it won't move as an entire unit if a small accident happens and disturbs the status quo...
Hope you fix your "deck" properly so you don't end up getting sued if an accident happens...
~~ Evan
Add pictures here
✖

this discussion is like somone coming here stating i wired my home with light cord, the stranded wire doesnt connect well at breakers. and what do I do with these green ground connections cut them off:(
sometimes people need to be informed what they did isnt safe.......
people sitting with feet dangling over 24 inch high deck could see their legs crushed if the deck suddenly moved.
in such a case your homeowners insurance company may refuse to pay. the homeowner with the hazard could lose everything they own.
shouldnt the person at least be informed what they did is unsafe?
then its up to them to fix it or not.
if it were me i would want to be informed
Add pictures here
✖