Do they make 12Volt DC LED Bulbs

Page 2 of 2
On Friday, April 19, 2013 4:58:05 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@internet.com wrote:

Aside from "screws into a standard socket", yes, there are tons of LED-base d replacements for automotive bulbs on the market. Some better than others. A lot are garbage.
The ones that have the round dome shaped traditional LEDs are generally gar bage. The ones that have LEDs that look like little square bits of clear pl astic are the good ones.
Look to replace bulbs lumen-for-lumen. Less lumens means less light. I usua lly go for more lumens, for more light on less power.
With all the old incandescents turned on in my camper you could barely see and it drew several Amps. The LEDs I replaced them with have 16 high-intens ity LEDs per panel, plugged right in place of the old "941" type bulbs. Wit h them all on, you can perform surgery it's so well-lit, and all together t hey draw < 2 Amps.

Pow! There goes $12.99 instantly on 120 volts.
Tomsic

I agree that proper markings on the spec. sheet, bulb and carton will minimize problems -- and they certainly have for the many years that such medium-base, low voltage bulbs have been used.
But with the great variety of "fool-resistant" bulb base types these days, there's little reason to continue to make and use a screw-base configuration that is so easy to apply incorrectly and which is unsafe and now expensive (because of LEDs) if a mistake is made.
Time to fix the problem -- a permanent socket adapter and the use of a lamp with a low-voltage base would be a simple, cheap fix that anyone can do.
Tomsic
On Fri, 19 Apr 2013 03:58:05 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@internet.com wrote:

(Amazon.com product link shortened)
I googled 12v edison base bulb