Do Simonton windows suck?

I bought a 40-year-old house last year. The previous owner had put new windows through most of the house. In some rooms, they are Andersen. In others Simonton (I never heard of them).
The Andersen windows are tight and warm. Our couch is in front of a 10'x5' bank of Andersen windows and I can sit with my arm on the back of the couch and not feel a difference in temperature. The Simonton windows are cold. I don't see the blinds move even in heavy winds but standing in front of them, I feel cold air.
Do Simonton windows suck or are they poorly installed? If I pulled off the frame and put some Great Stuff around the window, might it seal it better or is it the window that is failing?
Chris
Christopher Nelson wrote:

First feel the glass on each window. Maybe the andersons are double paned?
Lou

So are the Simonton. Double paned with fake muntins between the panes.

The Andersen I bet are LowEargon, the Simonton probably not and may have other areas they dont match in performance like air infiltration.

I have Simonton windows and don't have any problems or performance issues.
The JDPower ratings give them awards: http://www.jdpower.com/homes/ratings/residential-window-and-patio-door-builder-and-remodeler-ratings
Are the Simonton windows on a colder part of the house - are they exposed to the northern wind? Are the Andersens on the south side of the house - or buffered by trees and bushes? Are there different windows treatments in the 2 rooms?
On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 14:25:14 -0700 (PDT), Christopher Nelson

No way to tell from here. I'd put my money on a bad install, though. There just isn't that much to go wrong in a window.