Do pool cloth filter cartridges come in 'trade sizes'?

Do pool cloth filter cartridges come in 'trade sizes'?
A while ago, someone suggested sourcing replacement parts by trade size, which was a boon because it opened up an avenue for o-rings and seals that wasn't available to me prior.
For example, sourcing a 3/4" shaft seal by Pentair size nets me a $21 Buna seal at the pool stores, while sourcing by trade size garners a Viton seal for half that price:

Likewise, sourcing an o-ring can drop an $18 o-ring to about a buck or two.
So, with hopeful breath, I ask if cloth filter cartridges can also be sourced by trade size?
For example, these: (Amazon.com product link shortened)

(Amazon.com product link shortened) http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Do+pool+cloth+filter+cartridges+come+in+%27trade+sizes%27
On Tue, 04 Jun 2013 23:20:09 -0500, ChairMan wrote:

Hmmmmmm....
I'm not sure what the actual intent of that suggestion is, because I had previously googled quite a bit and didn't find any notion of trade sizes for cloth cartridge filters - which is - after all - why I asked here in the first place.
Maybe you guys knew what I couldn't find?
In the hopes that you were, perhaps, on to something I had missed, here is what your suggested google terms comes up with: "Do pool cloth filter cartridges come in trade sizes"

Hmmmm... The implication of your message was that I'd find something useful ... but ... um ... all that reported was three hits, in toto, none of which was even remotely useful for the question at hand.
Do you know something I don't know?
On Wed, 5 Jun 2013 05:28:57 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."

itself. It is mot like an O ring or a shaft seal that is somewhat a standard commodity and not usually made by the pump manufacturer in the first place. The good news is that once a filter gets enough usage, 3d party manufacturers will start making them. (or , more likely, the Chinese factory just cranks up 2 lines, one stamped "Hayward" and another without that stamp).
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

bingo someone that understood my reply. proprietary, the thing that keeps ya coming back for more<g>
On Wed, 05 Jun 2013 09:55:04 -0500, ChairMan wrote:

Given that answer, methinks you should apply for a job as Oracle of Delphi. You're a natural! :)
In belched:

ya know danny, some of your question have merit others are just foolish(ie:Is there a "special" tool for moving dead brush 100 feet away?or Need to convince the wife that it's crud on her countertop) Unlike accounting there are things in home repair that are just what they are, no rhyme, no reason. They just are. If google doesn't give you an answer, there is a reason. You *OVER* think things, just like the grout, ya shoulda listened to your wife and left it alone(her kitchen-her rules) I don't claim to know everything, but I know enough to ask the right people for the right answers and that is not always here. I appreciate you wanting to learn, but learn to ask the *right* questions. An old timer once told me, "Ya can't learn nothin' with your mouth open" Just look at the post of newsgroup stats. Yes, you post pics and follow-ups, but your mouth is open too much Learn by doing, even if you do it wrong, you've learned. jmo
In

Yeah, I know, that's why I said "there are things in home repair that are just what they are, no rhyme, no reason. They just are."

lol Yup, danny is going to create some classic stuff, too<g>
On Wed, 05 Jun 2013 17:31:31 -0500, ChairMan wrote:

:)
Could be worse than that as under thinking some of the things I'm doing could actually be rather dangerous.

I think I've learned a lot in the past 60 days by doing things, some of which I did wrong, but at least have figured out the right way to do it in hindsight ...
For example: a. Identifying & handling & relocating venomous snakes b. Re-wiring and replacing pool pump equipoment c. Replacing & re-tensioning a friend's garage door torsion springs d. Removing seriously caked-on toilet bowl cooty stains e. Better understood grout and warnings in ice-cream makers f. Attempted to clean an oven without the wife finding out g. Trimmed a few hundred yards of hedge & fixed gas vent valve h. Unplugged a friend's shower stall plumbing i. Collected, moved, and chipped hundreds of pounds of wood j. Sourced proper replacement caps for CARB gasoline cans k. Found a good solution for removing tough labels l. Improved composting method eliminating all kitchen waste m. Repaired chair legs using soft felt instead of crummy rubber n. Sourced motor & pump maintenance replacement items o. Repaired pool equipment & created pool-specific tools etc.