Do Pool Cleaning Robots Really Work?

We've owned a Kreepy Krawly for about 7 years. They are absolutely wonderful. We used to have to vacuum the bottom of the pool every time we'd use it. Now we just leave the KK in the pool until we're ready to use the pool. Clean the solar blanket, clean any topside debris and away we go!
We haven't needed to do any maintenance on it until this year. Currently, it doesn't seem to have any suction power. The big rubber mat that sits on the bottom of the pool, seems to be lacking the ability to actually "stick" to the bottom. It appears as if it has stretched and that the "hole" in its middle is too big, not allowing a true suction to take place???
Thats my theory anyway :) Off to the pool supply shop for their take!
Luke
Luke Kandia, decides to chip in.

You can buy a replacement and rebuild kits for those. I have one and it's the best investment when it comes to pools there are. I had to replace my pad, it wore down to about half the orginal size.
Rich
--
You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK.