Do ozone generators really kill mold spores? (2023 Update)

Stopping all leaks and keeping humidity under 70% has worked for me, if its in ductwork, it shouldnt be and there is a special light system that can be used, I think its a UV system. But if its in ducts the system isnt working as a properly designed and maintained system should. Often a basement dehumidifier can fix all issues and new energy star units are efficent mine costs about 4-6$ a month to run.

Reply to
ransley

Provided it is th truth and not just a ploy for more business?

We have had tremendous fuss here about closing down schools/sending students home etc. because of mould etc. It seems, IMO to have followed all the super insulation and other energy saving techniques of the last 30 years. And to boil down to stupid things like windows that don't open, insufficient ventilation while several hundred active children and staff are inside the building for some 7 hour per day etc. Also improper understanding about vapour barriers etc. All things that can be overcome/controlled by common sense procedures. An allied concern throughout parts of NA was/is Legionnaires Disease, unclean AC systems containing and maintaining disease spores and seniors/veterans being more susceptible in later life. Cheers.

Reply to
terry

The law of unintended results?

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

First off, as a biological engineer, I will tell you that bleach 100% does NOT kill mold spores. If Youre going to go a self cleaning route with mold/you need to identify the type of mold you’re dealing with and use a respirator, heavy duty gloves and goggles. Then buy a box of borax, which when mixed with water can be used to scrub away said mold. Straight vinegar is a more eco friendly measure and will kill mold, but I’d use borax. Now, one of the main components that no one bothers to talk about here is that typical ozone machines that are used to clean air and “kill, mold “have arguments on both sides, and both sides have scientific evidence of going ahead and working again it depends upon the type of mold you are dealing with. An ozone machine can be very effective in a space but you must leave the house for a period of time that the machine is working. Once you’ve left the house you do sell for a consistent amount of time and once you return you should have eliminated a great deal of the smell of mold, which in this case is the spores that were in the air. Unfortunately, there is no soundproof way except to pay a lot of money to get Mold abated professionally. Here in lies difficulty for residence especially that have to deal with properties. They live in and how to effectively go about either maintaining residency in an affected home or leaving it entirely for health sake. I’m

Reply to
charlotte