Do Not Use EDPOL in Chicago!

I am in Chicago and hired EDPOL Construction, Inc. to finish my basement. We sat down with them and went through a detailed contract and spent about 2 hours talking about fit and finish. Framing, plumbing, and electrical were all great, but fit and finish (e.g., trim, painting, ceramic tile, vinyl tile, window) were all garbage! I swear they had an 8 year old do this work, which we told them were extremely important. My wife and I have done much better work ourselves on this exact work, but we hired them so we wouldn't have to touch anything, plus we thought that their work would look even better. Under no circumstances should this company be hired to do anything involving finish work!
Thanks for letting me rant!
How do we know you aren't one of their competitors attempting to increase YOUR market share? :) I'm always leering of anecdotal stories that name small businesses.
You should take up your concerns with the company or your local regulatory agencies, rather than airing your grievances here. There's TWO sides to every story, and I doubt that they will be airing THEIR complaints about YOU here. I wouldn't draw any conclusions about the construction company until I knew more than what you've ranted about.
David