do not shop home depot

Page 4 of 6

No, the store should be able to keep their word. If they screw up, they should fix the problem. I don't see where the customer has any liability here. When Sears makes substitutions, it is always a newer or better model and they made customer happy.
If the store said it had identical features and it did not, the problem is theirs.

What 'word' is that? They told him he was receiving a sub, he said OK.

The store told the buyer he would receive a sub, with identical features. The store delivered something else and therefore failed to honor the contract.
The buyer does not have that promise in writing. But verbal agreements are enforcable. I think the chances are extremely high that a Judge would accept the buyers version of events as originally told here -- it's very reasonable and plausible.
In court (small claims or otherwise) this one's pretty much a slam dunk for the buyer unless HD have some documentary evidence that contradicts the buyers version of the story.
On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 20:58:56 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@malch.com (Malcolm Hoar) wrote:

That could be very difficult to prove.

It would be even harder for the store to prove that their employee had NOT told the buyer the features were identical.
In a situation like this, the buyer would not have the burden of absolute proof. Far from it. The buyers "testimony" as posted here would very likely be quite sufficent.
Of course, all bets are off if the buyer has not been truthful and the store can discredit some part of his evidence.
On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 21:19:39 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@malch.com (Malcolm Hoar) wrote:

LOL! Haven't spent much time in court have you. Try watching Judge Judy...:)
On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 13:27:51 -0800, Bill snipped-for-privacy@home.com wrote:

Is this the one were food service employees have sex behind the counter and she ask; "what happens when the customer comes in"?
-- Oren

I got hooked on Texas Justice when I was in for eight days for heart surgery. (well, not the first two days in ICU). He's as big a hoot as Judge Judy, and the big black bailiff is a character, too.
Bill snipped-for-privacy@home.com writes:

It's wrong of me to laugh so hard at this post, isn't it?
Stacia
On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 13:27:51 -0800, Bill snipped-for-privacy@home.com wrote:

Judge Judy is nothing like a real judge. She was chosen for being flamboyant and not judicial. She thinks everyone fits her 8 stereotpes about what people are like.
You must be kidding, because real court is nothing like her show.
Judge Wapner, the original People's Court judge, who actually went and found the appropriate statute and quoted it when he was on tv, just last week bemoaned how she misleads people about how real courts work. How she is abusive to some of the litigants.
And there was an episode of Diane Rehm about 2 years ago with a couple local law professors complaining about her show. They said court shows in general, but most of their comments applied to JJudy and maybe some others, and maybe none to the People's Court (although the guy in the lobby on that show is a jerk, routinely in effect calls people liars, and some day someone will be waiting for him when he leaves and will beat the tar out of him. But the other two are very good.)
On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 13:02:46 -0800, Bill snipped-for-privacy@home.com wrote:

"Sir, we are going to substitute a washer with fewer features at the same price, is that okay with you?"
CWM

Who said it had fewer features?
On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 14:10:27 -0800, Bill snipped-for-privacy@home.com wrote:

The original poster. If yoyu are going to participate in a thread, you really need to keep up with this stuff! LOL
CWM

Read my next post...:) I would like to see the OP post proof. He could post the model numbers.
On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 14:24:34 -0800, Bill snipped-for-privacy@home.com wrote:

The OP said the replacement was missing features compared to the original selection.
CWM
On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 14:10:27 -0800, Bill snipped-for-privacy@home.com wrote:

Want an example. Notice how the most expensive of the three below DOES NOT have a delicate cycle, the two cheaper models do.
http://www.maytag.com Link won't work to their compare chart but check Model LAV3600A $699 Model MAV5920E $619 and Model MAV4755A $569 side by side in compare.
Notice how the most expensive of the three above DOES NOT have a delicate cycle, the two cheaper models do.
I would love for the OP to post the model numbers so we can see the differences in the two machines.

It's a washing machine, for Pete's sake. Wash. Rinse. Spin.
Sounds like a match to me.
Steve

like a signed receipt accepting delivery?

Now, I think that one would be worth MORE than the paper it's written on.
Steve

Not really since both parties to the dispute actually agree on that particular point. Nothing needs to be proved there!