do not shop home depot

Page 3 of 6  

wrote:

either don't like to be findable, or simply have nobody that calls, so never bothered to get connected. And as to washers- I hauled mine home from Sam's and installed it my own damn self, thank you.
But having said that- The driver should have been given instructions to get specific customer permission before they took the substitute off the truck, if the manager hadn't succeeded in getting verbal permission over the phone.
aem sends...
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

No argument there. The customer had every right to refuse delivery.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Good point. And maybe they could charge for the extra unproductive delivery if the buyer made it so hard to reach him as you have.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Feb 13, 8:19 pm, Bill snipped-for-privacy@home.com wrote:

After my third counter top got de-laminated from the crap flakeboard they accused me of "countertop abuse"! I have not spent a penny in there since.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Anyone who shops Home Depot for 'quality' have rocks in their heads. :) They cannot be trusted, and will sell crap knowing in most cases they can get away with it.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 18:13:14 -0800, Bill snipped-for-privacy@home.com wrote:

I can show them in my hand what I need and they try to sell something else. I look at them like they have three heads. All I need is this compression fitting, in this size.
-- Oren
"Well, it doesn't happen all the time, but when it happens, it happens constantly."
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 17:19:55 -0800, Bill snipped-for-privacy@home.com wrote:

So you say they are trying to manipulate him into taking something he wouldn't want if it weren't already there. Well that's a risk they are taking and when he doesn't want it even after it is t here, HD should make good, even if they have to pick up the bad machine and even if they also lose the sale because they no longer have what he wants.
He didn't put the order on hold. He cancelled the order, but then then he allowed them to reproduce it by finding the previous order slip**. If they didn't have what was on t hat order slip, they should have told him. **How often does that happen? When they do reproduce nad order, and the they can't fulfill the order, they should call him.
Now there might be things he hasn't said that change things, but based on what we're discussing, he's right.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

He's only right if the store did something NOT stated in it's policies. It is the customers obligation to know return polices BEFORE they buy.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 21:21:12 -0800, Bill snipped-for-privacy@home.com wrote:

Again you are not a slave to their policies if their policies are contradicted by the law. For example, they can't have an enforceable policy that says their products don't have a warranty of merchantability or fitness for use.
People who think they are subject to policies of stores that are contradicted by the law frequently tolerate things that the law doesn't require them to tolerate.
If they deliver a tv, a portable which requires no installation, and you sign for it before you turn it on, and it doesn't work, they have to take it back and replace it with a good one or give you your money back. They can't enforce a policy which says, We're not responsible for appliances that don't work. Because the law overrides such a policy.
If they do have a policy about substitutions, it is probably written carefully so that it doesn't actually apply here, but whoever the OP called wanted it to apply. Or it is ambiguous because it is in fact very hard to write a policy that foresees every situation (although this one seems forseeable). But my point is that I'm not claiming they intentinoally wrote a terrible policy like "not responsible for appliances that don't work." I expect their policy is reasonable and fair, but either clear or ambiguous as applied here and either way,doesn't apply in this case though someone thinks it does.

And it is the store's obligation to know what the law is BEFORE they sell.
If they know it and intend to abide by it, they won't have so many problems with customers who also know the law. Although if they don't intend to abide by it, or they just can't manage to unless they are forced, they will get over on customers who don't know the law and who don't complain.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

There is NO contradiction. Sears subs millions of items a year.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 11:35:10 -0800, Bill snipped-for-privacy@home.com wrote:

And that doesn't relate to the issue. I addressed subs in other posts, and even in the previous one. If the people are satisfied, there is no problem. If they are not, Sears and HD are liable. If people are busy, tired, wealthy, or foolish enough to not defend their rights, that doesn't mean those rights don't exist.
Just an hour ago there was a case on the People's Court, which is the most authentic of the tv court shows, in which a woman bought a piece of furniture, and then after the deal was signed, the clerk threatened to damage her credit if she didn't pay. Of course any store would likely do that, but it was gratuitous and nasty. She attempted to cancel the deal, a day later according to her and six weeks later according to the store.
The owner of the store said "It is our policy that special orders cannot be cancelled", and the judge said, "Does it say that on the contract?" And the owner showed that on the contract there were the words "Special Order" and the customer had signed below that. But it didn't say that special orders can't be cancelled. The customer was not required to learn the stores policy. If it wasn't on the paper the customer signed, she wasn't responsible for knowing it.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Bill snipped-for-privacy@home.com wrote:

And that, is bad customer service. To ram an inferior item down a customers throat because he might be too timid to complain is out and out fraud. If this occurred exactly the way the op says, that is.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
test. ignore.
wrote:

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
address.com> wrote:

I highly doubt that. I've had numerous appliances and furniture delivered, and if something comes in that I didn't order, I do get much more agitated than if they call me and talked with me first. B
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 13:29:33 -0800, Bill snipped-for-privacy@home.com wrote:

OK, but then they take a risk for the ones that they ship the wrong thing too. They still should make good, and they should calculate the price of making good along with the savings of not asking first for those who *are* satisfied.
They ask now for home phone and work phone, and everyone has an answering service of some sort. So it should only add another day at most. If they answer the phone it might only add another hour, which will sometimes mean anothr day.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 13:02:29 -0800, Bill snipped-for-privacy@home.com wrote:

He either did or didn't have to, because he said he was assured they had the same features.
It doesn't say how long after the machine was delivered that he complained. I'm not sure how long could be considered too long. But we also have no evidence he waited more than an hour.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

told by an employee earning $12 an hour. Would you trust them?

It takes longer than that to uncrate it and hook it up. Once it's uncrated it's considered a used demo.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
You jerk them around, then complain when they do something wrong and you forget to backcheck on time? Correct?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 15 Feb 2007 07:19:34 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

He was told IN ADVANCE about the substitution before HD shipped it. He took them at their word it had identical features. It's up to the customer to check if that's true. Who trusts a salesman and accepts delivery sight unseen. The customer could have told them to delay shipping until he check out the machine for himself.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.