DO NOT CALL list

Page 2 of 3
<aspasia> wrote in message

Yes you are correct in what you posted. Opening them isn't a huge deal it's when you close them that you have trouble with your credit score. Each credit card carries its separate revolving credit account (of course) and the debt to credit ratio is a good thing (if you always pay off the cards at the end of the month - shows responsibility blah blah blah). However when you decide to close several arbitrarily it shows a changed (negative) debt to credit ratio and your FICO score drops like a bomb.

All this assumes, of course, that you CARE about what "they", the fractional bankers, think about you. As I don't care, any more, and haven't since 1991 when I finally walked out of the debt trap into the clear air, it doesn't really matter.
They DID, beg me to take them, understand....(c;

Listen, I hate those miserable bastards as much as the next person, but let's be realistic: If you have responsibilities toward others -- family, relatives, whatever -- you have to kiss the credit folks' *** in order to get a good interest rate in case you need an emergency loan for medical or other reasons, or you want to buy a house, or...
I think it's sickening that they base their ****ing scores on mechanical data that don't necessarily reflect the borrower's true repayment status, but who said life is fair!
Since you say you're staying out of the game, more power to you! How anybody survives in today's America w/o borrowing is a source for wonderment and admiration.
Aspasia
aspasia wrote in

I live in an old mobile home I paid off in 1993 and drive Mercedes Benz cars running on used veggie oil from Chinese Restaurants, a '73 220D I fully restored and '83 300TD turbocharged diesel wagon. "Old Sarge", my 1989 Union City Body Chevy diesel V-8 stepvan, a retired Air Force flightline van from Pope AFB, NC, runs on vegoil, too, from its installed Frybrid (frybrid.com), which is overkill in SC.
No car payments No house payments No FUEL BILLS, either! virtually no taxes because mobile homes, like my old cars, DEpreciate just awful...at the tax office where it really counts!
2 XP systems and 2 Linux systems sharing a 6.2TB RAID array over a network on 6.8Mbps cable internet keep me company...(c; On-the-road, a Nokia N800 Linux tablet over BT to Alltel EVDO or wifi handle the Remote desktops and mobile entertainments.
I'm too old (62 now) to worry about driving a chick magnet, any more... (c; That saves a PILE in itself!....hee hee....
LIFE is GOOD!

Hey, Larry, your life style IS a chick magnet -- for the right kind of chick.
Move over, man!
Aspasia

I was discussing similar things with a friend the other day. I mentioned that I have lived in the same house for 20 years (the mortgage is paid off) and the kids are in their 30s (and they are paid off). It is amazing the amount of money those two things alone free up.

more...
mortgage

I've been debt free since my last wife left me in 1992 for something she THOUGHT she liked better, but didn't. He didn't last as long as I did (17 years).
I'd like a new boat, but am unwilling to become a slave, again, to own one. What would be the point....

It's a fact of life. Old guys rule. Now that I'm older, I find that just being mature and confident is a chick magnet. And a turn on to the chicks.
Steve

Back in 2001 I went looking for a used pickup and ended up with a 1996 MLC. More specifically, a Red 1996 Mitsubishi 300GT. Mamma was not impressed. Me and mamma are no longer me and mamma. Wonder why??? But I stil have the Mitsu.
Anyway, oh yea you would see the chickies lock on to it from a distance. Then when I got close enough and they could see the driver the faces changed. Swear I could hear them thinking what a frikkin' waste. Could have pissed em off and yelled out the window "It's paid for too!".
Well now since the thing seems to be little shit cars with runway lights, bicycle tires, some kinda big O muffler that sounds like a dirt bike and billion watts booming from inside, I don't even get locked on any more. Maybe it's just cause I can't see beyond 100 ft any more. I don't know.

BTW, MLC=Mid Life Crisis :-)

That's okay. Those are the throwbacks anyway. The rejects. These new young broads are dumber than a sack of canary seed.
Steve

62 is a gret age to start looking for chicks to augment your retirement income. Become a polygamist. You would be amazed how the income of five women and no kids piles up!
Dick
Dick Adams wrote:

Some people improve their fibbing ability with age too ;-)
-- larry/dallas
snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (Dick Adams) wrote in

I've been a polygamist since I was 12....
["Followup-To:" header set to alt.cellular.]

I have trouble believing one woman would put up with you, let alone multiple
:)
--
Steve Sobol, Victorville, CA PGP:0xE3AE35ED www.SteveSobol.com
Geek-for-hire. Details: http://www.linkedin.com/in/stevesobol

62? Old? I've been called old, too, but by those too young and stupid to know what they are missing. My idiot doctor didn't want to treat tendinitis in my shoulder; said, well, there's a time that things just don't work sometimes. Guess a frozen shoulder is no big deal for him; he can still rob people with one arm. I cured it the old fashioned way.
aspasia wrote in

Also, the more cards you have the higher the probability of identity theft.
216.168.3.70:

Oh, I hope so. It's NOT MY MONEY they're stealing!.....(c;
Love your CBC TV show, Red. Best comedy on the planet!

The skits in B&W narrated by Red are a fav of mine.
216.168.3.70:

Have you seen the CBC documentary, with visit to his barge where the writing goes on? Smith is a very interesting character, even without the Red Green image.