Do Lowes Sales Staff Get Commissions?

Dang. Now that I know this, I'm going to continue with my current policy of only buying harddrives and floppy disks from them.

Reply to
mm

curmudgeon

But it does appear that they get performance-based bonuses. I walked into my local HD soon after opening a few days ago when there seemed to be a staff meeting in progress by the Customer Service desk. I heard somebody informing people that the bonus was 24% (IIRC -- or heard correctly). I don't know whether bonuses are calculated for each store, for each region, or for the whole chain.

At Lowe's I am sure I have seen badges indicating that the wearers are "owners"; I forget the exact wording.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

to do my homework for purchasing replacement windows and

they're

Mama always said my curiosity was bound to get me in trouble eventually, LOL!

Jo Ann

Reply to
hillacc at yahoo.com

Thats just the normal big box "associate" BS. If they have one share of stock they are an owner.

Reply to
George

I think I know someone who still works in millwork. I'll check.

KC

Reply to
KC

OK, finally an answer to your question straight from a local Lowes millwork employee. It applies to all Lowes departments.

-They do not get a commission on store stock items.

-They do get a commission on special order items and installation.

-The commission is not on total sale price. It is a percentage of the markup percentage. In other words, two items both priced at $500, one having a markup of 15% and the other having a markup of 30%, would result in a diffferent commission for the employee.

-Based upon that info, employees may be inclined to push installation and when special ordering items they may recommend the higher markup items. But buying in-store doors & windows would not make any difference. Hope this helps.

KC

Reply to
KC

I forgot to add one thing. Lowes does train a few select individuals for commission sales and occasionally you may run into one of these if you are a high volume buyer. But that is the exception rather than the rule.

KC

Reply to
KC