Do LED Christmas Strings Go Out In Sections Like Regular Minis?

It's tall? LOL

Reply to
Muggles

As I stated, they go out "individual" One bulb only.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Actually, adding a 1.4 volt drop will probably not perceptively change the brightness. Also, I just bought a string of 60 LED lights, which are

2 30 LED series circuits. Luckily, adding a full wave bridge externally still lights both strings. I put a cheap dimmer before the full wave bridge, and even at full, it reduces the power to almost where it was before using the bridge and makes the flickering tolerable.
Reply to
Art Todesco

Does this mean I have tp chuck My 117 volt icicle light strings that I have had for 6 years and never put up?

Reply to
Eagle

Only if you WANT to!

Reply to
Muggles

Meh...We'l just cruze around the 'hoods and check out the houses with all that fancy lighting and wonder what their electric bill will be after the holidays. lol

Reply to
Eagle

Me thinks there is a few spare rooms he wants to rent... :D

Reply to
Eagle

I bought some LED lights for my old fake tabletop tree. The lights that came on it were bad, so instead of just buying another tree I spent about an hour unwrapping the lights that came on it so I could replace them. There wasn't anything wrong with the tree except the lights. I counted them and there were about 150 lights on it, so I ended up buying a strand of 225 LED colored lights and put them on the tree last night. It looks like a brand new tree now, plus the little LEDS are might brighter and the colors are more intense, in addition, to them using about 1/10 of the electricity.

I also bought 1 strands of 50 LEDS and put them outside. One strand went on my potted baby Frazier Fir, and the other I wound up my porch support. I had to put my live tree on top of a 5 gallon bucket because it's pretty short, so I raised it up so it could be seen above the bushed in front of the porch. It's so cute. It's all on a timer, so it's good to go. I can't really climb to put lights to hang off the roof, and neither can the husband, but I have a little Christmas color on the porch AND in the house. :)

Reply to
Muggles

You are a very inovative Lady Maggie... :D

Reply to
Eagle

Thanks! I like doing things outside of the box if the box just won't fit! lol

Reply to
Muggles

Get out the tissues...

A long time friend of mine recently got married. (late 50's, 2nd marriage for both). My wife and I gave them a couple of gift certificates to a local garden center so they can buy some stuff for their house. His new wife is into landscaping, so we figured it would be a good gift.

I saw him last week and he told me that they bought a potted evergreen to use as a Christmas tree. When Christmas is over, they are going to plant it in their yard. He said that as long as the tree lasts, they will be able to look at it and know that it came from us.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

What happens if you *pull* a bulb (good or bad) out of the string?

Do any other lights go out?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

We bought a damaged potted blue spruce one late summer and it sat on our front porch for about 3 years growing and healing. I'd put lights on it every year while it was on the porch and then it healed up enough, so we planted it in the front yard. That spruce ended up growing into a healthy 20 foot tree, but after about 10 years in the yard the weather got it - extreme summer heat followed by some extreme winter temps 2 years in a row. We eventually had to cut it down, but it was pretty while it was there.

Reply to
Muggles