Do latex mattresses smell?

I recently purchased a Natures Rest latex mattress and am very happy with it except for a rather annoying chemical smell. I'm assuming the odor is what latex smells like but it's so unpleasant I'll probably have to return the mattress, which is a shame because it's super comfortable.
Does anyone have experience with latex mattresses and the odor I'm experiencing with mine? Does the odor fade considerably over time, and if so how much time?
I recently purchased a Natures Rest latex mattress and am very happy with it except for a rather annoying chemical smell. I'm assuming the odor is what latex smells like but it's so unpleasant I'll probably have to return the mattress, which is a shame because it's super comfortable.
Does anyone have experience with latex mattresses and the odor I'm experiencing with mine? Does the odor fade considerably over time, and if so how much time?
yes there is a slight smell when new. If you can take the mattress outside NOT in direct sun and let it air out the odor should go away. Latex mattresses are really very nice. One thing you may want to do if to get a mattress pad of some sort the latex mattress like the "memory cell" can be warm on hot days a little like sleeping on a rubber sheet!
Wayne

On 12 Sep 2004 12:16:01 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@dvwf.com (Ken) wrote:

After you finish having sex, take the latex condom off your cock and smell it? Does it smell the same?
While you are at it, think of doing a search for latex allergies on the web. I think you will return it for sure.