do it yourself solar poole heater

I am thinking about installing a solar heater via the pools pump. could someone tell me if its better to buy a "kit" or could I build one my self using pvc piping. the panels and/or piping would be elevated on a shed roof off my barn which is about 7' high and there is about 400sf. thanks ahead of time.
oh yeah, upstate NY
On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 21:20:05 -0000, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Pool size (go one extra panel). Sun exposure needs to be figured in for the panels. Shade on the pool needs to be considered. You can find a solar sizing calculator on the web for pools. It will help. In the end I hired a professional.
-- Oren
On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 21:20:05 -0000, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote Re do it yourself solar poole heater:

Figure 2sqft of solar heater for each 1sqft of pool surface.
--
To email me directly, remove CLUTTER.

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 18:40:11 -0500, Vic Dura

I lived up there - upstate NY. Summer happened (s) on or about the 4th of July! In August I wore long sleeve flannel shirts too small mouth bass fish. Yep, I beat the local friend with a limit of fish that were released.....
-- Oren
On Aug 20, 2:20 pm, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Kyocera solar.
Ken
Opportunities are never lost. The other fellow takes those you miss.
| Torrey Hills Technologies, LLC | | www.threerollmill.com | | www.torreyhillstech.com |
Quote: marky2xd wrote on Mon, 20 August 2007 16:20 ----------------------------------------------------

You can build it yourself but get some good advice/plans.
Checkout: http://www.builditsolar.com/Projects/PoolHeating/pool_heatin g.htm
On Aug 20, 2:20 pm, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Opposite problem here in Phoenix. With the daily highs stuck at around 110, the pool is right around body temperature, 98 or so. Leaving the aerator turned on while the pumps run helps a little, cools it by a couple of degrees, but it's still uncomfortably warm. Love to figure out an inexpensive way to cool it down another 5 degrees or so.
Want me to ship you some warm water? <G>
Jerry
Quote: jerry_maple wrote on Tue, 21 August 2007 11:30 ----------------------------------------------------

Actually a solar system will help you as well. If you run through the solar system at night (when temperatures are relatively cool) it will cool the pool water. Just make sure you turn off the solar system during the day!
-- Richard Thoms President - Top Service Pros, Inc. Connecting Homeowners and Local Service Professionals http://www.TopServicePros.com