Do It Yourself -- Not

Like an automobile? Computerizing automobiles has been both a bane and a blessing. If the computer completely dies, you're dead in the water but a partial failure can put the engine into "limp home" mode and still get you there. My older cars could be kept running with bailing wire and duct tape and would be the transportation to have if the country were to collapse and fancy new parts were unavailable. Think "Road Warrior". 8-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Yeah, been there, done that so many times. Fixed a few faults by the roadside which probably would have had me stranded in a more modern vehicle.

I don't mind computerising stuff as such - but only if I can easily get hold of the schematics, firmware code, replacement ICs etc. rather than the computer part being treated as some unserviceable black box.

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Lend Lease?

Reply to
gfretwell

He will turn out to be the 5th Bush brother after Clinton's January disclosure that he was the 4th. Everyone is giddy that BHO followed the Bush withdrawal schedule in Iraq.

Reply to
gfretwell