Do I need treatment?

I wanted to tell someone about my mental problems. Please don't tell any prospective employers.

I'm reading a long webpage about connecting the computer to a television and at the same time I'm listening to a story on the radio about a man with no arms who won an archery championship using his legs to shoot.

The radio story is over so I'm back to reading, and I keep thinking that this poor guy with no arms is connecting his computer to his TV and I should read very carefully because he must have really put his heart into it.

I often mix what I'm reading with what's on the radio. I hope it doesn't get me into trouble. .

No technical answers to my plight are expected, but in case anyone wants to reply anyhow, I'm only interested in *power*ed balun connections or possibly wireless connections from the computer that lead to a device near the television that has a co-ax RF output, an S-video output, or a set of Red, White and Yellow RCA outputs. That's for sure. No more than 100 probably or maybe 200 dollars. (No BNC. Most of these setups are for security cameras etc. and they end in BNC, but I don't have BNC on the video card or as an input the DVDR or RF modulator.) And not HDMI.

The required output of the computer can be DVI, SVGA, S-video or maybe I would buy something else for that. I have USB too of course but I don't see that would work at all. And not HDMI.

The wireless connection can be wifi, RF, or whatever exists that I don't know about. The balun connection would be cat6.

Reply to
micky

Please skip this totally after all. There is nothing under $20 and I'm not ready to spend more, even if I might in a few months. I need to retry what I already have, that was grainy last time, but shouldn't have been.

Reply to
micky

My wife and I have each done 15 years of volunteer work at organizations serving the mental illness community.

One thing I've found is that there is a difference between having been diagnosed with a mental illness and just plain "being nuts".

All you have to do is look at our political system and you will see a lot of "nut cases" who, from a clinical perspective, are not mentally ill.

Reply to
philo

You sound OK to me, now I've got to go back to clubbing the baby seals which the small boys are hiding under the bed (along with the priest or two, under the bed with the seals).

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You must be CRAZY. Federal law requires TV stations to broadcast HDTV OTA for FREE. Only 19.99. Now you can throw your computer away.

J Burns

Okay. We've resolved that.

This is just an antenna! ;-) I have several of those, plus sometimes I just use a single strand wire.

But I want to watch what's on the computer from bed. I think I'm going to reconnect my passive audio-video balun and buy a wireless keyboard/pad to control it.

The wireless keyboards all say a maximum range of 33 feet, which is the same thing they said 5 years ago when I was gung ho on this, and that's right on the border of how far away the computer is. But this year if it doesn't work, I'll run an extension usb cable closer to my room.

I wanted a wifi-keyboard, and now I can't remember if I found any. But most of the ones that call themselves wifi are really just wireless, they have a separate usb receiver.

I thought to be wifi, the signal had to go through the router????

Reply to
micky

You'll have to sleep on the lower bunk. If you cut a rectangular hole in the top mattress, that will remind you. Now, lay your computer monitor face down on the hole. Voila!

Reply to
J Burns

philo posted for all of us...

Did any of it rub off on you or your wife?

Reply to
Tekkie®

It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again

Reply to
Buffalo Bill

Great idea. I don't have a top bunk but I'm going to build a wooden rack for the monitor. When they were big and heavy, I would have been afraid it would fall on me.

Reply to
micky

My wife is Bi-polar

that's why I love her