Do I need a switch for my porch light?

I am installing a porch light. It will be fed directly from a garage outlet. I will run 14/3 Romex inside the wall. I do not intend to use a switch because I will use a "dusk to dawn" automatic switch to turn the light on and off.
Is this OK, or must every light be controlled by a switch?
--
Walter
www.rationality.net

The NEC will let you use "automatic" control of the outside light (210.72(a)(2)(b) exception) but your energy code may further restrict that.
On 4/20/2008 6:24 PM snipped-for-privacy@aol.com spake thus:

Also keep in mind that some automatic lights like this may require a switch to reset them in case of a power outage, light getting confused, etc. (You could cycle the breaker controlling the light if necessary, but that's a funky way to do it.)
conversation with the average voter.
alt.home.repair:

Some possible concerns: - Will the spouse like this configuration? Will the spouse like this configuration five years from now? - When you sell the house, the purchasers will probably make you put in a switch.
--
Steve B.
New Life Home Improvement

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit

Do it right, install a switch.

occasionally you will need to turn it off, for say bulb replacement, cleaning etc.
do it right install a switch
Ok, guys, you win. A switch it will be.
Thanks
--