Do Coin-Cell batteries explode in a fire?

I was burning some trash today and something exploded, making a loud blast. I did not find any aerosol cans. Then I remembered that I tossed a coin cell from my computer in the trash after replacing it. I tell everyone to sort out all the cans, bottles and non-burnables before making a fire but that cell was probably missed. The only other possibility is that a dead disposible cigarette lighter got in the fire, but those normally dont do much (since they are empty). This was a loud blast, even where I was which was several hundred feet away.
Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 16, 5:31 am, snipped-for-privacy@toyotamail.com wrote:

I really doubt that a coin sized battery would make so much noise that it would concern you if in fact it did explode. As a professional Firefighter, I have been in fires where hand gun ammo was going off and it didn't make much more noise than other things popping and cracking. I'll spare you the technology of stating the type of explosive used in relation to compression, blah, blah, blah.
Hank <~~~~ not a bomb disposal expert
Add pictures here
✖

How big was the Firer, for I see a Firer so big that you can not Hear, Chief Cry Get out, to Save your own life..
A little cans firer, you hear no firer, But loud blast of 22 gun ammo..
Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 03:31:07 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@toyotamail.com wrote:

It only takes a drop to create a good amount of vapor. Full, they have enough explosive power to remove an exhaust manifold from a car. [a mechanic I knew used to wire one to the exhaust manifold if he had worked on a car and had to park it outside and was worried about the owner just taking it back without paying.
I also saw a guy in the hospital with one leg--- a bit of slag from welding had landed on the lighter in his pocket and exploded. His joke was - 'I'm a lucky guy- only got one leg, but I've still got both balls.'

I'd guess the lighter- doubtful you could get it *completely* empty.
Jim
Add pictures here
✖
I rather doubt this. Lighter doesn't have enough power to blow a leg off.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtDvXF8ile8
Mythbusters examined this, also. Clothes dryers don't do it, either.
I also saw a guy in the hospital with one leg--- a bit of slag from welding had landed on the lighter in his pocket and exploded. His joke was - 'I'm a lucky guy- only got one leg, but I've still got both balls.'

I'd guess the lighter- doubtful you could get it *completely* empty.
Jim
Add pictures here
✖
This person says yes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te3oRB9rv8E

The loudest blast I've heard was a mostly empty aerosol can. DAMHIKT.
Butane lighters typically melt, and then the butane sprays out, flaming as it does so. DAMHIKT.
I was burning some trash today and something exploded, making a loud blast. I did not find any aerosol cans. Then I remembered that I tossed a coin cell from my computer in the trash after replacing it. I tell everyone to sort out all the cans, bottles and non-burnables before making a fire but that cell was probably missed. The only other possibility is that a dead disposible cigarette lighter got in the fire, but those normally dont do much (since they are empty). This was a loud blast, even where I was which was several hundred feet away.
Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 16, 5:31 am, snipped-for-privacy@toyotamail.com wrote:

I once tossed a fairly full lighter across a room to a friend.
Bad throw...it hit the wall above his head and exploded.
No damage to wall or person but it scared the bejesus out of us and brought people running from another room.
Military guys...they run towards explosions instead of away. ;-)
Add pictures here
✖