Do Christmas Tree Stands Grow On Trees?

I have to admit, this one was a first for me.
I saw a car with a Christmas tree on top, wrapped in the netting from a tree vendor, with the stand already attached. It was one of the PITA stands with the 4 threaded rods, like this one:
https://www.storesonlinepro.com/files/1998786/uploaded/CINCO%20C-148%20MEDIUM%20TREE%20STAND.jpg
My assumption is that he either brought the stand with him or bought it with the tree and asked them to mount it for him. Interesting idea.
I have this kind of stand and either have the tree farm drill the tree after I cut it down or I drill it myself if they don't offer the service. These days, most "Cut Your Own" tree farms drill it for you.
http://boycefarms.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/stand1.jpg
On Wednesday, December 2, 2015 at 10:20:33 AM UTC-6, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I got one of these at Goodwill for $5...unlock it, set it perpendicular and lock it down! Best one I've had.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/414Eebug0dL.jpg
On Wed, 2 Dec 2015 08:20:22 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03

I think it is the other way around. A blacksmith in New England planted small stands, like this one but smaller, and they grew, but in some areas they've attracted phagocyctes and mindocytes, which also grew into fir trees. The vendors are selling the stands, but the trees are attached and hard to remove, so they have to be purchased too.